The SII Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students is a great opportunity for students from Bangladesh to study in India. The scholarship is provided by the government of India and is designed to promote educational and cultural exchange between the two countries. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and round-trip airfare for the duration of the student’s program.
What is SII Scholarship?
The Study in India (SII) Scholarship is a program funded by the government of India that provides financial assistance to international students from select countries, including Bangladesh, to study at institutions of higher education in India. The scholarship is intended to promote India as a destination for higher education and to increase the number of international students studying in India.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and round-trip airfare for the duration of the student’s program. It also provides an opportunity for students to experience India’s rich culture and history, and to meet and interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures. The scholarship is only available for specific disciplines and for a limited number of seats in each institution.
Eligibility for Sii Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
- Applicants should not be older than 30 years of age at the time of admission.
- Students applying to BE/B.Tech. courses are required to take Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry in their 11th and 12th grade.
- No exceptions will be made for family/health reasons to stay off campus.
- Candidates can apply to five universities/institutes in the order of their preference.
- As part of the English proficiency tests, students are required to write a 500-word essay in English. In addition, students are able to submit their TOFEL/IELTS scores, if available.
- Transcripts and mark sheets for each level of the school, i.e. level 10 and level 10+2, must be uploaded in English. Any documents in other languages will not be considered.
- Each ICCR Scholarship student is required to obtain a medical insurance policy with a minimum sum assured of Indian Rupees Five lakhs (US$ 6800/-).
How to Apply for SII Scholarship
- Create an account at https://studyinindia.gov.in/
- Make sure you remember your user ID and password
- Join the scholarship panel and apply
- Complete the application portal by uploading the required documents
SII Scholarship Scope and Limitations
- The Study in India (SII) Scholarship Scheme is funded by the government of India, providing $3,500 per year to institutions for each accepted candidate.
- Many institutions provide fully funded scholarships, covering tuition, accommodation, and mess costs from the allotted government funds, meaning students only have to pay for personal costs.
- Some applicants may receive a partial scholarship if their chosen institution’s academic costs are higher than the government’s allotted funds.
- However, even with a partial scholarship, the overall cost will be reduced.
- For example, if an applicant chooses an institution with academic costs of $6,000 per year and receives the SII Scholarship, they will still have to pay $2,500 per year as their tuition fee.
Top 5 Universities in India
- India has a wide range of universities that offer a variety of programs for international students. The following are five of the top universities in India for Bangladeshi students to consider:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – These are the premier engineering institutes in India, and they offer undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in engineering, technology, and sciences.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) – This is one of the premier universities in India, and it offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in arts, sciences, and social sciences.
- University of Delhi – This is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in India, and it offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in a wide range of disciplines.
- University of Calcutta – This is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in India, and it offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in a wide range of disciplines.
- University of Hyderabad – This is one of the premier universities in India, and it offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in a wide range of disciplines.
Cultural Experience for International Students
International students in India face a variety of unique cultural experiences, some of which can be intimidating or even overwhelming. Here are five tips to help you navigate these experiences and make the most of your time in India:
- Be prepared for change – You may find that things happen faster than you’re used to, and that expectations about personal relationships are different. If this is new territory for you, take it slowly at first and adjust to the pace of life on campus.
- Learn about Indian culture – Before arriving in India, study up on the country’s history, religion, and culture so that you have a better understanding of what to expect while living there. This knowledge will not only help reduce any stresses or confusion during your stay but also make subsequent visits more enjoyable!
- Make friends from all walks of life – It’s important to get involved with as many people as possible before arriving in India; international students often have more opportunity for socializing due to their exposure to various cultures firsthand during their studies abroad.
- Connecting with like-minded individuals who share your interests will not only provide support throughout your studies but might also lead to lasting friendships later on whenua return home!
- Stay flexible – culture shock happens whether you want it to or not- so don’t put unnecessary pressure on yourself trying to fit into rigidly defined molds imposed by others around you (or even stereotypes perpetuated by popular media). Allow yourself room
Job Opportunities in India
- India is a rapidly growing economy, and there are many job opportunities for international students. Here are five of the top part-time jobs for international students in India:
- English Tutor: Many Indian students are interested in learning English, and there is a high demand for English tutors.
- IT Support: India has a large IT industry, and there is a high demand for IT support professionals.
- Event Planning: India is known for its vibrant festivals and celebrations, and there is a high demand for event planners.
- Freelancing: Many international students are skilled in a particular field and can find work as freelancers.
- Online Teaching: With the rise of online education, international students can also find work as online teachers.
The SII Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students is a great opportunity to study in India. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and round-trip airfare for the duration of the student’s program. India has a wide range of universities that offer a variety of programs for international students, and the quality of education in India is very good. However, it’s important for students to consider cultural experience and job opportunities before applying for this scholarship.
Read More: Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students in India
SII Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
Is SII scholarship fully funded?
Many institutions provide fully funded scholarships under the SII scholarship scheme, which means that they cover tuition fees, accommodation, and mess costs from the government funds allocated for the scholarship.
However, it is not guaranteed that all SII scholarship recipients will receive a fully funded scholarship, some applicants may receive a partial scholarship, it means their selected institution’s academic costs are higher than the government’s allotted funds.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
To get a 100% scholarship, you need to research and apply to institutions or organizations that offer full funding for the program or field of study you are interested in. Some institutions or organizations may require specific qualifications, such as high academic performance or financial need, to be eligible for full funding. Additionally, some scholarships may be competitive and require a separate application process.
How do I apply for SII?
The process for applying for the SII scholarship may vary depending on the institution or organization offering the scholarship. In general, the process would involve the following steps:
1. Research and identify institutions or organizations offering the SII scholarship
2. Check the eligibility criteria and ensure you meet the requirements
3. Gather required documents such as transcripts, test scores, and recommendations
4. Submit the application form along with all required documents and the application fee, if any
5. Wait for the selection process to be completed and receive notification of the decision
6. If selected, complete all enrollment and visa process
7. Receive funding and prepare for your study in India.