Bangladesh is becoming an increasingly important tourist destination. In the 21st century, this trend will continue. Tourism is one of the fastest-growing industries in Bangladesh, with revenue increasing by more than 20% between 2012 and 2016. Bangladesh Tourism Revenue increased by 9.5 % YoY in December 2019 as compared to an increase of 2.6 % YoY in December 2018. .
Bangladesh has a substantial tourist industry that contributes heavily to the country’s economy. With this in mind, it makes sense that you might want to learn at a university that specializes in tourism and hospitality management.
Let’s take a look at top 10 best university for tourism and hospitality management in Bangladesh.
Top 10 Best University For Tourism And Hospitality Management In Bangladesh 2023
- American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB)
- European University of Bangladesh (EUB)
- Daffodil International University (DIU)
- Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST)
- Leading University (LUS)
- Primeasia University (PaU)
- Southern University
- International University of Business Agriculture and Technology (IUBAT)
- Cox’s Bazar International University (CBIU)
- World University of Bangladesh (WUB)
Future Of Tourism And Hospitality Management In Bangladesh
Bangladesh is a beautiful country with a rich culture and history. It is one of the original south Asian countries and has many natural resources that have been used for centuries by the people who live there. With an international airport, this country has a lot to offer.
Tourism is a growing industry in Bangladesh, and there are signs of progress throughout the country. The tourism industry in Bangladesh can be divided into two categories: (a) domestic tourism and (b) international tourism. Domestic tourism is the most typical and is usually coupled with B2B (business to business) activities.
On the other hand, international tourism is sometimes called B2C (business to consumer) tourism. The tourism industry in Bangladesh is mainly driven by domestic tourism; however, this is changing. The government of Bangladesh is also looking to increase the number of international tourists visiting the country.
Which Degree Is Best For Tourism?
Tourism is a career that requires individuals to be flexible and willing to change. A degree in tourism is not the only requirement for success, but it can help you get your foot in the door.
There are many fields of study and careers that can be pursued after completing a university education. Generally, the department of tourism offers 2 types of bachelor’s degrees. These include:
- Tourism and hospitality management (BTHM)
- Bachelor of hotel management and & tourism – (BHMT)
This field would allow you to manage different organizational aspects, such as marketing and operations planning. There are many tourisms and hospitality management majors in Bangladesh.
In addition, many travel agencies and UGC-approved tourism training institutes offer short courses in particular skill development such as English communication skill development and historical knowledge. They’re also scoped to work closely if you have a business administration, BBA, or business studies degree.
Additionally, you have a clear understanding of trending fashion or have completed a Fashion design university in bangladesh course, which will be helpful in your career prospects.
What You Learn After Completing Tourism And Hospitality Management Course In Bangladesh
Every course has some application components. For example, in the Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM) course, students apply their theoretical knowledge and methods to a real project on-site. This gives them practical experience in selected sectors. You will have the opportunity to work on real-life management projects, participate in research projects, and support business partners.
Regular industry visits and enhanced practical knowledge enabled them to secure internships with international hotel chains, overseas and locally. What you will get out of the course is listed below.
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Gained exposure to international markets
- Management and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Design, develop, and provide high-quality services
- Expertise in modern marketing and communication
Career Opportunities In The Hospitality Industry
After completing a Bachelor of Tourism & Hospitality Management (BTHM) or Bachelor of Hotel Management & Tourism – BHMT, you have many job opportunities. Below are some examples of responsibilities.
1. General Manager/Hotel Director: Responsible for the entire hotel operation, including food and beverage, rooms, front of the house, finance, engineering, safety, and human resources. Responsible for the safety and efficiency of the property.
2. Food & Beverage Manager: Positions are usually found in hotels, resorts, cruise ships, airlines, convention centers, and casinos with overall responsibility and accountability for the food outlets (restaurants, bars, conventions).
3. Hotel Departmental Manager: In charge of a hotel/cruise ship department, like housekeeping, reception, restaurants, kitchen, engineering, conventions, etc.
4. Sales & Marketing Director: Marketing and sales are both part of the job duties of the commercialization department.
5. Event Manager: Responsible for tourism planning, developing, and implementing events and conferences; responsible for ensuring a return on investment after the event.
6. Revenue Director: Oversee the yield management process for the property, including reservations, rates, and occupancy/Revpar targets.
7. Financial Director/Officer: Manages financial, accounting, administrative, and personnel services to support the property’s operations and to meet legislative requirements.
8. Human Resources & Training Manager: Implement HR standards and company philosophy at every operational level. Coordinates and manages training and HR processes to improve product or service quality.
9. Project Manager/Construction Manager: Organize, supervise, and coordinate the completion of one or more construction projects to meet the owner’s documents and quality requirements safely and professionally.
10. Brand Manager: The goal of brand managers is to create a lasting impression among consumers and to improve sales. Brand managers monitor market trends and oversee marketing and advertising activities. To protect the company brand’s image, they collaborate with all departments, including product developers, researchers, marketers, and creative agencies.
11. Spa Manager: Assists with safe and efficient spa services for the property, including beauty salons and fitness centers.
Admission Requirements For Bachelor Of Tourism And Hospitality Management (BTHM) Program:
- GPA 2.50 in both S.S.C. and H.S.C. or a minimum of 6.00 overall, but no less than 2.50 in either S.S.C. or H.S.C. in Bangladesh.
- For ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level students: 5 subjects in O level, 2 subjects in A level with at least 4 subjects graded B, and C in remaining subjects.
- Freedom fighters’ children must have total CGPA of 5 for their S.S.C. and H.S.C.
- Students can transfer credits from accredited institutions.
Some public and private institutions currently offer bachelor’s, MBA, and diploma degrees in hotel management. Graduates of such programs can work not just in the country, but also in world-famous hotels.
In Bangladesh, it is evident that tourism is one of the largest industries. The country has built countless hotels, motels, resorts, and rest houses of international standards, which has made it a lucrative career opportunity in hotel management. Maintaining these high-quality establishments requires skilled manpower. As a result, hotel management disciplines grow in popularity within higher education. This article will help you find the best university for tourism and hospitality management in Bangladesh.
Related Q&A For University For Tourism And Hospitality Management
How much does it cost to compete in tourism and hospitality management course?
It depends on various factors generally; tuition fees are around 400k to 600k.
How much time does it take to complete graduation in tourism and hospitality management?
The Bachelor’s program with 130 credits, yearly 1 or 2 semesters, is designed to provide students with valuable industry experience from various sectors that may assist them in coping with current trends and practices in the tourism and the hospitality sector. The program is designed to develop student’s practical and theoretical skills simultaneously.
Which university is the best for hotel management?
Many universities offer programs in hotel management. However, the best university is American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB).
This is because they have one of the top 10 hospitality universities in Bangladesh and their faculty members have been very successful in providing knowledge to students and creating new technologies related to hospitality.
Another reason why American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB) would be your best option is because it has a great network of alumni that can help you find a job after graduation.
Which university is best for tourism and hospitality management in Bangladesh?
There are many universities in Bangladesh that offer a degree in tourism and hospitality management. Some of the top universities include:
1. American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB)
2. European University of Bangladesh (EUB)
3. Daffodil International University (DIU)
4. Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST)
5. Leading University (LUS)
Which country is best for tourism and hospitality management?
Best tourism and hospitality management opportunities. Some of these countries include:
4. The United States
Where is the best place to study hospitality management?
The best place to study hospitality management is in the United States.
This is because of the many accredited universities that offer hospitality management courses and certification, including Cornell University, University of Phoenix, DeVry University, and Metropolitan State College of Denver.
There are also many other universities around the world offering hospitality management programs.