Food is an essential part of our lives, with many different regional cuisines and dishes. Bangladesh is well known for its tradition in food, with so many delicious dishes to enjoy.
Bangladesh is a developing country with a high population growth rate. It has a huge need for skilled professionals in different sectors, but it also has limited resources to support its burgeoning workforce. As a result, most students choose to pursue professional degrees at the university level. The Bangladesh University Grants Commission (UGC) recognizes the importance of food and nutrition education in the nation’s development and has established several universities that offer courses related to this field.
To provide you with an overview of the best universities in this field, we have listed the top 10 best university for food and nutrition in Bangladesh according to their ranking position.
Top 10 Best University For Food And Nutrition In Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Agricultural University
- University of Dhaka
- Rajshahi University
- Islamic University
- University of Chittagong
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University
- Jahangirnagar University
- Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
- Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University
- Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Top 7 Best Private University For Food And Nutrition In Bangladesh
If you are interested in completing your higher education in a private university college or doing a short course or diploma, then this list will be helpful to you.
- Daffodil International University
- State University of Bangladesh
- German University Bangladesh
- International University of Business Agriculture and Technology
- Bangladesh University of Health Sciences
- Anowara College of Bio Science
- Rajshahi Institute of Biosciences
Career Options In Food And Nutrition Graduates
Humans need food, and now the food industry is a global business, where nutrition is the top priority. Today’s food supply chains and the need to reduce food waste and use natural resources more efficiently are challenging food safety and security.
Consumer demand for convenient, healthy, and nutrient-filled food has driven the need for trained food scientists and nutritionists.
The core of FNS degree is food chemistry, food engineering, and food technology, along with food microbiology, quality analysis, and applied nutrition.
In terms of employment, the graduates of this discipline find positions with the government such as BCS cadre, BSTI, BIRTAN, BCSIR, BARI, BARC, or BAEC, as well as with world-leading NGOs such as FAO, UNFDA, UNESCO, UNDP, UNICEF, BRAC, and Pran Bangladesh. Graduates also have a broad range of career options such as academic and research institutes, the food industry, and government and public sector development work. Tourism And Hospitality Management are also huge fields to work with.
Which University Is Best For Food And Nutrition In Bangladesh?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best universities for food and nutrition will vary depending on your individual qualifications and goals. Food nutrition is a broad field of study, and food science encompasses many sub-disciplines. In general terms though, the best universities for food nutrition in Bangladesh are those that offer programs across disciplines such as chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology (bioinformatics) health sciences, and engineering. As food nutrition is a science, most universities in Bangladesh offer undergraduate programs leading to bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
In Bangladesh, there are a lot of universities that offer courses in food and nutrition, but one university stands out – Bangladesh Agricultural University.
The Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU) is known for its quality education and research in agricultural sciences. With a wide range of disciplines available across various fields, BAU is best equipped to offer the single most important academic program to anyone interested in food and nutrition in Bangladesh.
Read more: Private University In Bangladesh For Biochemistry
What Makes A University A Good Institution For Food And Nutrition?
There are many factors that a university should meet in order to be considered a good university for Food and Nutrition in Bangladesh.
Some of the criteria that a university should meet include:
- Having an accredited food science program.
- Having faculty with experience in food science.
- Offering courses in food safety and nutrition.
- Providing resources such as laboratories and equipment for students to conduct research.
- Employing nutrition faculty members.
- Providing nutrition faculty members with the necessary equipment to conduct nutrition classes.
- Providing ample resources for food science students such as safety, nutrition, and agricultural sciences faculty members to teach the courses in the university. Examples include Michigan State University (MSU), Purdue University, Iowa State University (ISU), etc.
Where Is The Best Place To Study Food Science?
There are many universities that offer food science degrees, but the best place to study food science may vary depending on your career goals.
If you want to become a chef, then the best place to study food science would be a culinary school. However, if you want to work in the food industry as a scientist or manager, then a university with a Food Science program would be better.
Some of the best universities for food science include:
- South China University of Technology, China
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, United States
- Jiangnan University, China
- Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
- University of Campinas, Brazil
- The minimum HSC GPA for Science is 3.0 and the total SSC and HSC GPA is 7.0.
- Diploma background (MATS/IHT/Agriculture/ Forestry/Food) must be an SSC pass with a minimum GPA of 2.40 and a total GPA of 6.00.
- The minimum cumulative GPA for candidates applying for the MSc in Food and Nutritional Science is 2.75 (out of 4.0).
There are many reasons why studying for Food and Nutrition is important. One reason is that it can help you live a healthy life. It can help you gain knowledge about different cultures, delicious foods, and how to cook them. You’ll know how to better digest foods, how to produce the best flavor in the food you cook, and what foods are healthy and bad for you.
There are also lots of jobs available around the world in the Food and Nutrition field. In Bangladesh, there are a lot of international organizations, such as the United Nations, that need people with experience in food production, food processing, public health, etc.
People are willing to pay more to get the best service. For example, in a food manufacturer, the restaurant owner is willing to pay a lot of money for good-tasting foods, which is why they hire people with experience. The experiences can be gained through education. This article will provide you with the best university for food and nutrition in Bangladesh ranking list so that you can make an informed choice.