The University of Dhaka is one of the most prestigious universities in Bangladesh, and its Faculty of Law offers a range of programs for students interested in pursuing a career in law. One of the options available in the evening LLM program, which is designed for working professionals and other students who wish to continue their legal education while maintaining their current job or other obligations. In this article, I’ll provide a comprehensive guide to the evening LLM in Dhaka University, including the benefits, requirements, and application process.
Benefits of the Evening LLM Program
- Flexibility: One of the main benefits of the Evening LLM program at the University of Dhaka is that it offers a flexible schedule. The program is designed for working professionals who want to continue their education while maintaining their current job. The classes are usually held in the evening, which allows students to attend classes after work or other commitments.
- Quality Education: The University of Dhaka is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Bangladesh, known for its high-quality education and world-renowned faculty. Students enrolled in the Evening LLM program will have access to the same resources and opportunities as those in the full-time program.
- Networking Opportunities: The evening shift university in bangladesh provides students with the opportunity to network with their peers and establish professional connections. This can be valuable for students who are looking to advance their careers or start their own businesses.
- Specialization: The LLM program at the University of Dhaka offers various specializations such as Corporate Law, International Law, Human Rights Law, and more which allows students to focus on a specific area of law that interests them.
- Career Advancement: Completing an LLM degree can open up many opportunities for career advancement, and can make students more competitive in the job market. Graduates of the Evening LLM program at the University of Dhaka will be well-prepared for leadership roles in the legal profession, government, or other related fields.
Requirements for the Evening LLM Program
- A bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized institution.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.5 in the LLB degree or equivalent.
- Meeting any additional language proficiency requirements, as the program may be conducted in English.
- Pass a written test and/or interview as part of the admission process.
- Submit the required application materials, such as transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation.
To apply for the evening LLM program at Dhaka University, students must complete the online application available on the university’s website. Along with the application form, students must also submit their transcripts, a copy of their LL.B degree, and a recent passport-size photograph. They must also submit a statement of purpose, outlining their reasons for pursuing an LLM degree and how it relates to their career goals.
Students will also have to take an admission test, which is designed to assess their aptitude for legal studies. The test consists of multiple-choice questions in the areas of English, mathematics, and logical reasoning. The test is held at the university campus, and applicants will be informed about the exact date and time of the test after submitting the application.
After the admission test, selected applicants will be called for an interview. The interview is designed to assess the applicant’s communication skills, motivation, and suitability for the program. Interviews are conducted by a panel of faculty members and usually take around 20-30 minutes.
Read More: Best University For LLM in Bangladesh
The evening LLM at Dhaka University offers a flexible and convenient way for students to continue their legal education while maintaining their current job or other obligations. The program is designed for working professionals and other students who cannot attend regular daytime classes. By completing the program students can increase their earning potential, open up new career opportunities, and gain a deeper understanding of the legal system and its workings.
The evening LLM in Dhaka University program has strict requirements, including a minimum GPA and work experience, but by meeting these requirements and successfully completing the application process, students can secure a spot in the program and take the first step toward a successful career in law. It is important to note that the university may change the requirement and application process, so students should check the university website for the most up-to-date information before applying.
Related Post: Diploma in Tax Management Dhaka University
Evening LLM at the University of Dhaka (FAQs)
Can I study law in Dhaka University?
Yes, you can study law at the University of Dhaka (DU). DU offers a 5 years undergraduate program in law (LLB) and a 2 years master’s program in law (LLM) which includes various specialization options. Students can also take the LLM program in the evening session to cater the working professionals.
Is DU LLB difficult?
The LLB program at DU is considered to be rigorous and challenging. It covers a wide range of legal subjects, including constitutional law, criminal law, contract law, and more. The program requires students to have a strong foundation in legal research, analysis, and writing. Additionally, the program is competitive, with a limited number of seats available, so students are expected to perform well academically.
Can you do LLB in 2 years?
No, typically, an LLB degree is a 5 years undergraduate program. However, some countries like the UK, India, and Bangladesh have 3 years LLB program. But, it’s important to note that the duration of the program may vary depending on the country or institution you are studying at.
How long is the evening LLM program at Dhaka University?
The evening LLM program at the University of Dhaka (DU) is typically a 2-year program. This program is designed for working professionals who want to continue their education while maintaining their current job. The classes are usually held in the evening, which allows students to attend classes after work or other commitments.
The program covers various subjects related to law and includes an option for specialization in areas such as Corporate Law, International Law, Human Rights Law, and more. The duration of the program may vary depending on the university’s regulations and policies.