Are you a student in Bangladesh preparing for university admissions? Then you’re probably familiar with the Gusso Admission Test, an essential part of the public university admissions process. This test is designed to assess your academic abilities and help determine your eligibility for admission to some of the top universities in Bangladesh.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the Gusso Admission Test and its significance in Bangladesh’s education sector. We’ll explore the eligibility criteria, test structure, scoring system, and evaluation criteria to give you a comprehensive understanding of what to expect from this important test.
Eligibility Criteria for the Test
|Group||Minimum GPA in SSC and HSC||GPA less than|
|Science||8.00||3.50 (not acceptable)|
|Business Studies||6.00||3.00 (not acceptable)|
|Humanities||6.00||3.00 (not acceptable)|
Note: SSC refers to Secondary School Certificate and HSC refers to Higher Secondary Certificate.
Test Structure and Format
|Group||Subject with Number||Total Marks||Negative Mark for Each Wrong Answer|
|Science||Physics – 25||100||0.25|
|Chemistry – 25|
|Biology – 25|
|Math – 25|
|Bangla/English – 25|
|Arts||Bangla – 35||100||0.25|
|English – 35|
|General Knowledge – 30|
|Commerce||Accounting – 35||100||0.25|
|Business Organization & Management – 35|
|Bangla – 15|
|English – 15|
Note: The table shows the total marks for each subject and group in the GST admission test in Bangladesh, as well as the negative mark for each wrong answer.
GST Admission Test Schedule for 2023
|Unit Name||Exam Date|
|A Unit (Science)||July 30, 2023|
|B Unit (Humanities)||August 13, 2023|
|C Unit (Business Studies)||August 20, 2023|
Note: The dates and time mentioned in the table are subject to change.
List of GST Universities
|University Name||Foundation Date||Address|
|Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Digital University||2016||Kaliakair, Gazipur-1750, Bangladesh.|
|Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science & Technology University||2011||Gopalganj-8100, Bangladesh|
|Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman University||2020||Kishoreganj|
, Dhaka, Bangladesh
|Bangamata Sheikh Fojilatunnesa Mujib Science and Technology University||2017||Melandaha Upazila, Jamalpur District, Bangladesh.|
|Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur||2018||Park Mor, Modern, Rangpur-5404, Bangladesh.|
|Chandpur Science and Technology University||2021||Chandpur, Bangladesh|
|Comilla University||2006||University Road, Kotbari 3506|
|Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science & Technology University||1999||Dinajpur- 5200, Bangladesh|
|Islamic University||1979||Kushtia-7003, Bangladesh|
|Jagannath University||1858||9-10 Chittaranjan Ave, Dhaka 1100|
|Jashore University of Science and Technology||2007||Jashore – 7408, Bangladesh|
|Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University||2006||Trishal, Mymensingh – 2224, Bangladesh|
|Khulna University||1991||Sher-E-Bangla Rd, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh|
|Mawlana Bhashani Science & Technology University||1999||Santosh, Tangail-1902, Bangladesh|
|Noakhali Science & Technology University||2006||Noakhali-3814, Bangladesh|
|Pabna University of Science and Technology||2008||Pabna – 6600, Bangladesh|
|Patuakhali Science And Technology University||2000||Patuakhali – 8602, Bangladesh|
|Rabindra University, Bangladesh||2017||Shahjadpur, Sirajganj 6770|
|Rangamati Science and Technology University||2014||Rangamati Hill District-4500, Bangladesh|
|Shahjalal University of Science & Technology||1986||Akhalia, Kumargaon, Sylhet|
|Sheikh Hasina University||2017||Netrokona – 2400, Bangladesh|
|University of Barisal||2011||Barisal-8200, Bangladesh|
How To Apply Online Application?
- Visit the official website directed in the GST admission circular, which is https://gstadmission.ac.bd/
- Look for the “Apply” button on the homepage and click on it to start your application process.
- Fill in the required personal information such as name, date of birth, gender, and contact details in the online application form.
- Upload your colored passport size photograph and scanned copy of your signature in the specified format and size.
- Choose your preferred unit and subjects for the GST admission test based on your eligibility criteria and interest.
- Select five centers to sit for the admission test from the available options.
- Verify all the details before submitting the application form.
- If everything is correct, click on the “Submit” button.
- You will get an application preview along with the uploaded photograph and signature. Download and save it for future reference.
How to Pay Application Fee for GST Admission
After submitting your online application, you must pay the application fee within 72 hours to complete the application process. Follow these steps to pay the application fee:
- You will need a Teletalk pre-paid mobile number, bKash account, or access to an online payment gateway to pay 1,500 tk the application fee.
- Recharge your account with enough balance to cover the application fee.
- Go to the payment section of the official website and select your preferred payment method.
- Enter the required details such as mobile number, transaction ID, or payment reference number.
- Verify the payment details and confirm the transaction.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive a payment confirmation message on your registered mobile number or email ID.
How to Download GST Admission Admit Card
After the application deadline, only eligible applicants will be given the admit card to take the admission test. Follow these steps to download the admit card:
- Login to the official website mentioned in the GST admission circular with your credentials (password or OTP).
- Look for the “Admit Card” link on the homepage and click on it.
- Enter your application number and other required details.
- Verify the details and click on the “Submit” button.
- The admit card will appear on your screen. Download and take a color printout of the admit card.
Note: Candidates must carry a printed copy of the admit card to the exam hall. Without the printed copy of the admit card, no applicants will be allowed to take the admission test.
How to Check GST Admission Result
Once the admission test is completed, the candidates’ combined score will be evaluated based on their admission test score and GPA score of SSC and HSC exams. The merit list will be prepared and published on the official website. Follow these steps to check the GST admission result:
- Visit the official website for GST admission.
- Look for the “Result” link on the homepage and click on it.
- Go to the “Notice” section of the website by clicking the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click on the “Primary Selection Result” to access the eligible candidates’ list.
- Check your roll number on the list to find out whether you are eligible for admission or not.
Admission Process for GST Universities Admission
There will be five admission tests for GST admission: three for general public universities, one each for science, business studies, and humanities group, one distinct exam for engineering universities, and another for agricultural universities.
Candidates need to answer 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) on different subjects based on their HSC syllabus. ICT will be compulsory for each group, and candidates can choose some other subjects to either answer or not from the list.
Once the merit list is published, universities will individually decide the minimum score for admission, which can vary from one university to another. Other eligibility criteria, such as the HSC year or combined score of SSC and HSC, will also be decided by the universities, not the GST admission committee.
Strategies to Succeed on The Gusso Admission Test
Preparing for the GST admission test can be daunting, but with the right resources and techniques, it can become manageable and even enjoyable. This section will cover some essential tips and tricks for effective test preparation.
Recommended study materials and resources
There are plenty of study materials available online and offline to help you prepare for the GST admission test. Some recommended resources include textbooks and reference books of your HSC syllabus, past papers, and model tests. Additionally, you can join online forums, take online courses, and attend coaching classes to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Tips for effective test preparation
- Create a study schedule and stick to it.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and focus more on the weaker areas.
- Practice time management to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Take breaks regularly to avoid burnout and increase productivity.
- Stay updated on the latest syllabus, exam pattern, and guidelines.
Time management techniques
Effective time management is crucial for performing well in the GST admission test. Some useful techniques include:
- Develop a rough plan of how much time you will spend on each section of the exam.
- Use your time wisely during the exam and avoid spending too much time on a single question.
- Keep track of the time remaining and ensure that you have attempted all questions before time is up.
Approaches to tackling difficult questions
Difficult questions can be intimidating, but there are some approaches you can take to tackle them. Some helpful tips include:
- Read the question carefully and try to understand what it is asking.
- Break down the question into smaller parts and analyze each part.
- Eliminate answers that you know are incorrect and then focus on the remaining options.
Tips for staying calm and focused during the test
It’s natural to feel nervous during the GST admission test, but staying calm and focused is essential for performing well. Some helpful tips include:
- Take deep breaths and try to relax.
- Stay positive and avoid getting bogged down by difficult questions.
- Don’t rush and take the time you need to answer each question carefully.
Common Mistakes and Misconceptions
|Not understanding the test format and structure.||Candidates should thoroughly review the test structure and format and practice with previous year’s question papers.|
|Focusing solely on memorization instead of conceptual understanding.||It’s crucial to understand the concepts and practice application-based questions rather than just memorizing information.|
|Neglecting time management during the test.||Candidates must manage their time efficiently, dividing it equally among all sections of the test.|
|Overconfidence and lack of practice.||Overconfidence can lead to complacency and a lack of practice can lead to poor performance in the test. Consistent practice is key to success.|
|Underestimating the importance of mock tests.||Mock tests provide a glimpse of the actual test environment and help candidates identify their weaknesses and work on them before the actual test. Candidates should take as many mock tests as possible.|
Comparison of Gusso Admission Test with Other Admission Tests in Bangladesh
|Key Differences||Gusso Admission Test||Other Admission Tests|
|Test Format||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||Combination of MCQs and Written Exam|
|Test Coverage||Based on HSC Syllabus||Based on Specific Subjects or Syllabus|
|Number of Tests||5 (3 for general public universities, 1 for engineering universities, and 1 for agricultural universities)||Varies for different universities|
|Eligibility Criteria||SSC and HSC GPA, Minimum GPA required for each group||Varies for different universities|
|Scoring and Evaluation||Combined score of admission test and SSC and HSC GPA||Varies for different universities|
GST admission is a gateway to higher education in Bangladesh, and with the right preparation and guidance, you can ace the admission test and secure your place in one of the esteemed universities. We hope our articles have provided you with valuable insights and information on the admission process, application, result, and everything in between. Remember to stay focused, work hard, and never give up on your dreams. Good luck with your GST admission journey!
Gusso Admission Test (FAQs)
How competitive is the Gusso Admission process?
Gusso Admission process is highly competitive, as it receives a large number of applications every year, and only a limited number of seats are available. The admission committee considers various factors, including academic performance, extracurricular activities, and personal statements, when selecting candidates.
What is the acceptance rate for Gusso Admission?
The acceptance rate for Gusso Admission is approximately 50%. The acceptance rate may be influenced by factors such as the number of applicants, the quality of applications, and the available seats.
What is the reputation of Gusso Admission among students?
Gusso Admission is highly respected both inside and outside the university community. Many successful students attribute their success to Gusso Admission, as it provides a challenging admission process and prepares students for academic achievement in higher education.