The Netherlands is a popular destination for international students, offering a wide range of study programs and a high-quality education system. Additionally, the Dutch government offers a variety of scholarships to international students, including the Netherland Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students. In this article, I will explore everything you need to know about this scholarship, including eligibility criteria, the application process, and the benefits of studying in the Netherlands.
Scholarship Opportunities for Bangladeshi Students
1. The Holland Scholarship
Students from outside of the EU can apply for the Holland Scholarship, a scholarship that provides a one-time 5,000 euro or 5,00,000 BDT to those selected. This scholarship is one year in duration. It is not a tuition reduction, but rather a grant the awardee receives directly.
2. Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
One of the most famous and coveted master’s and doctoral scholarships in Europe. This scholarship is awarded to a select few students from EU and non-EU countries each year. The students can pursue their masters or doctoral studies in at least two countries alongside their applying country. This scholarship is fully funded for both levels. The scholarship covers everything, including airfare, tuition fee for the duration of the study.
3. Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam administers this scholarship. It grants 2,000 to 25,000 euros annually, or almost 2,00,000 BDT to 25,00,000 BDT per year. Students with excellent academic records can apply for this highly coveted scholarship. It is not known how many scholarships there will be. However, this scholarship is open to students from Humanities, Arts, and Business schools.
2. Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
The University of Leiden administers this scholarship to prospective master’s students. It applies to any stream except LLM. The scholarship provides a 50% to 100% tuition reduction on the yearly tuition. Applicants must first get accepted by the university and state that they wish to be considered for the scholarship when they apply.
5. ISS Ph.D. fellowships in Development Studies
A prestigious fellowship, administered by the International Institute of Social Studies, is available to five prospective Ph.D. candidates in development. ISS fellowships include full-ride Ph.D. opportunities at partnering universities and a monthly allowance of 1600 euros for living expenses. Scholarships in this field are highly competitive and require previous research or development experience.
To be eligible for the Netherland Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of Bangladesh.
- Have completed your undergraduate degree from a recognized university in Bangladesh.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or equivalent.
- Have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score, as required by the university you are applying to.
- Have applied for a full-time master’s program at a Dutch university, and have been accepted into the program.
- Not have previously studied in the Netherlands with a scholarship.
The application process for the dutch universities is as follows:
- Apply for a master’s program at a Dutch university.
- Once you have been accepted into the program, apply for the scholarship through the Dutch embassy in Bangladesh.
- Submit the required documents, including your academic transcripts, TOEFL or IELTS scores, and a statement of purpose.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application.
The Netherlands is known for its strong economy and abundance of job opportunities. Many international students are able to find employment in their field of study upon graduation, thanks to the country’s thriving industries such as technology, engineering, renewable energy, and international trade. The country is home to many multinational companies and start-ups, providing students with a diverse range of job opportunities.
Additionally, the Dutch government has implemented policies to encourage the hiring of international graduates, making it easier for them to find work in the country. Many universities also have career services departments that provide support to students in finding internships, part-time jobs, and full-time employment.
Furthermore, the Netherlands is a hub for international trade, which opens many opportunities for students with a background in business, economics or international relations to find employment in international trade companies or organizations.
Related Post: Switzerland Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
The Netherland Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students is a great opportunity for students from Bangladesh to study in the Netherlands, one of the best place for education in the world. The scholarship offers financial support and the opportunity to study at some of the world’s leading universities and gain valuable hands-on experience in their field of study. The Netherlands is a welcoming and diverse country with a high standard of living, and is home to many international organizations and multinational companies. If you are a citizen of Bangladesh and meet the eligibility criteria, we highly recommend you to apply for this scholarship and study in the Netherlands.
Netherland Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
How can I get a scholarship in the Netherlands?
1. Research available scholarships: The first step in obtaining a scholarship for studying in the Netherlands is to research the various options available. Many universities and organizations in the Netherlands offer scholarships for international students.
2. Meet the eligibility criteria: Each scholarship has its own set of eligibility criteria. It is important to carefully read through the requirements and ensure that you meet them before applying.
3. Prepare your application materials: The application process for scholarships typically includes a personal statement, letters of recommendation, and official academic transcripts. It is important to start preparing these materials well in advance.
4. Submit your application: Once you have completed your application materials, submit them by the required deadline.
Can I study in the Netherlands for free?
While it is not possible to study in the Netherlands for free, there are many scholarships and funding options available to help finance your education. Additionally, the cost of living in the Netherlands is relatively low compared to other Western European countries, making it a more affordable study-abroad destination.
How can I study from Bangladesh to the Netherlands?
1. Research universities and programs: Research universities and programs in the Netherlands that align with your interests and career goals. Make sure to check the entry requirements for international students.
2. Meet the language requirement: Most universities in the Netherlands require students to demonstrate proficiency in English, either through a language test or by completing their secondary education in English.
3. Prepare your application materials: Prepare your application materials including transcripts, test scores, essays, and letters of recommendation.
4. Apply for a student visa: If you are accepted into a program, you will need to apply for a student visa. This process typically includes submitting financial documents to demonstrate that you have the funds to support yourself while studying in the Netherlands.
5. Prepare for the move: Once you have obtained your visa, start preparing for the move to the Netherlands. This may include finding housing, arranging for transportation, and getting your affairs in order in Bangladesh.