The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) offers a scholarship program for students from member countries to pursue higher education in other member countries. The SAARC scholarship for Bangladeshi students is an excellent opportunity for those looking to gain an international education and experience different cultures. The scholarship provides financial assistance to cover the costs of tuition, accommodation, and living expenses, making studying abroad more accessible for many students.
Top Universities in SAARC Countries
- India: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Pakistan: Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
- Sri Lanka: University of Colombo
- Nepal: Tribhuvan University
- Bhutan: Royal University of Bhutan
- Maldives: Maldives National University
- Afghanistan: American University of Afghanistan
Quality of Education
Indian universities are renowned for their excellent education quality, particularly in the fields of engineering, technology, and management. IIT Delhi, one of the top universities in India, is known for its cutting-edge research and highly qualified faculty.
Pakistani universities are known for their strong emphasis on theoretical and practical education. LUMS, for example, has a reputation for providing a well-rounded education and producing graduates who excel in their fields.
3. Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan universities are known for their strong focus on research and innovation. The University of Colombo, in particular, is known for its high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields.
Nepalese universities are known for their strong emphasis on practical education and hands-on learning. Tribhuvan University, one of the top universities in Nepal, is known for its excellent education quality in the fields of science, technology, and engineering.
Bhutanese universities are known for their strong focus on traditional and cultural education. The Royal University of Bhutan is known for its high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields.
Maldivian universities are known for their focus on vocational and technical education. The Maldives National University, in particular, is known for its high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields.
Afghan universities are known for their strong focus on research and innovation, American University of Afghanistan is one of the top universities in the country and known for its high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields.
To be eligible for the SAARC scholarship, Bangladeshi students must meet certain academic requirements. These requirements vary depending on the country and university of study. Generally, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent percentage marks in their previous degrees. Additionally, students must have excellent English language proficiency and passing scores on relevant aptitude tests such as GRE or TOEFL.
The admission process for the SAARC scholarship is a multi-step process. First, students must submit an application form and all required documents, including transcripts, test scores, and a statement of purpose. Next, students will be shortlisted based on their academic qualifications and English language proficiency (IELTS). Finally, selected students will be interviewed by a panel of experts to determine their suitability for the scholarship.
Tips for Successfully Applying
- Start your application early: The application process for the SAARC scholarship can be time-consuming, so it’s essential to start early.
- Research the universities and countries: Before applying, research the universities and countries you are interested in to ensure they align with your academic and career goals.
- Tailor your application: Customize your application to the specific university and program you are applying for.
- Submit all required documents: Make sure to submit all required documents, such as transcripts and test scores, on time.
- Proofread and edit: Carefully proofread and edit your application to ensure it is error-free.
- Show your passion: In your statement of purpose, show your passion for the field of study and your commitment to pursuing higher education.
- Follow up: After submitting your application, follow up with the university to ensure that all required documents have been received.
Cultural Experience for International Students
Studying in a SAARC country as an international student can be a unique and enriching experience. Students will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a new culture, learn a new language, and gain a new perspective on the world. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to make lasting friendships with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in SAARC countries varies depending on the country and location of study. Generally, the cost of living in India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka is relatively low compared to other countries. Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, and Afghanistan are also affordable, but the cost of living may be higher in urban areas.
There are many job opportunities in SAARC countries and the best way to find them is by using online resources. You can also attend job fairs and meet with potential employers in person. Here are five of the most popular job opportunities in SAARC countries:
- Web Developer – There is a growing demand for web developers in SAARC countries, as the internet has become an essential part of everyday life. As technology advances, so does the need for web developers who can keep up with the latest trends and standards.
- Accountants – As economies in SAARC countries continue to grow, there is increased demand for qualified accountants who can help manage financial resources efficiently.
- Marketing Manager – As businesses strive to reach new heights, they increasingly rely on marketing managers to help them develop and execute effective marketing strategies.
- Business Analyst – As businesses become more complex, it becomes increasingly important for analysts to help them identify and fix problems early on.
- Data Analyst – As businesses increasingly rely on big data analysis to make smarter decisions, data analysts are in high demand. They must have skills in Statistics, Data Mining, Excel, and SQL in order to be successful in this field.
Benefits of Studying in SAARC Countries
- Increased job prospects – The number of jobs in SAARC countries is projected to grow faster than the global average, and there are plenty of opportunities for graduates in fields such as business, law, engineering, and healthcare.
- Low tuition rates – In many cases, tuition rates for SAARC countries are much lower than those in developed countries. This means that students can save a significant amount of money while still obtaining a quality education.
- Faster visa processing times – Many SAARC countries have fast visa processing times, which means that international students will have little difficulty getting their visas approved and registered with the authorities.
- Easy access to funding – In many cases, SAARC universities receive government funding for research and development projects, which makes them well-positioned to offer competitive tuition rates and valuable scholarship opportunities to international students.
- Comfortable living conditions – Many SAARC countries have a rich culture and history, which makes them attractive destinations for students who want to experience a different way of life. Students also tend to find that the living conditions are relatively comfortable, compared to those in developed countries.
Related Post: Commonwealth Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
The SAARC scholarship for Bangladeshi students is a valuable opportunity for students to gain an international education and broaden their horizons. It allows students to experience different cultures, gain new perspectives, and develop skills that will be valuable in their future careers. The scholarship also provides financial assistance to make studying abroad more accessible for many students. It is a great opportunity for students to enhance their education and expand their career opportunities.
Students who are interested in applying for this scholarship should visit the official website of the SAARC Secretariat and submit an online application. They should also meet the requirements, such as being a national of a SAARC member country and having a high academic record, and submit all required documents.
SAARC Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
How do I get a Saarc scholarship?
To apply for a SAARC scholarship, students should visit the official website of the SAARC Secretariat and submit an online application. They should also meet the requirements, such as being a national of a SAARC member country and having a high academic record. Additionally, students should submit all required documents, such as transcripts and test scores, and provide a statement of purpose.
What is Saarc scholarship?
SAARC scholarship is a program offered by the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) to provide financial assistance to students from member countries to pursue higher education in other member countries. The scholarship is aimed at promoting regional cooperation and understanding among the member countries.
How can I get scholarship to study abroad from Bangladesh?
There are several ways to get a scholarship to study abroad from Bangladesh. Some options include applying for scholarships through the government of Bangladesh, international organizations, and universities. Additionally, students can search for scholarships through online databases and apply directly to universities for financial assistance.
Which country is best for scholarship for Bangladeshi students?
The best country for a scholarship for Bangladeshi students will depend on the student’s academic and career goals. Some popular options include India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, and Afghanistan. Each country has its own unique benefits, such as excellent education quality, diverse cultural experiences, and job opportunities.
Which scholarship is available now in Bangladesh?
There are various scholarships available for Bangladeshi students to study abroad, both government and private sector scholarships. Some examples of scholarships currently available include:
1. Fulbright-Fulbright Foreign Student Program
2. Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Scholarship Program
3. Commonwealth Scholarship
4. Chinese Government Scholarship Program
6. IDB Merit Scholarship
7. DAAD Scholarship