Bangladesh and South Korea have a long-standing relationship, which has increased opportunities for Bangladeshi students to study in South Korea. One of the most popular options for students is to apply for scholarships, which can cover tuition fees and living expenses. This article will provide an overview of the different types of scholarship for bangladeshi students in south Korea and the application process and requirements.
Top 5 Universities in South Korea
- Seoul National University: This is South Korea’s top university, and it is well-known for its programs in engineering, business, and natural sciences.
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST): This is another top university in South Korea, and it is known for its strong programs in engineering, computer science, and natural sciences.
- Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH): POSTECH is a well-respected university in South Korea, focusing on engineering and natural sciences.
- Yonsei University: Yonsei is a well-established university in South Korea with a strong reputation for its programs in social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences.
- Hanyang University: Hanyang University is a top university in South Korea, focusing on engineering and business.
Top 7 Scholarships in South Korea
- Global Korea Scholarship (GKS): This scholarship is for international students who are looking to study in South Korea for bachelor, and it provides funding for tuition, living expenses, and airfare.
- Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP): The KGSP is a provided by the South Korean government for international students, and it covers tuition, living expenses, and airfare for a doctoral degree scholarship.
- Korean University Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by Korean universities, and it covers tuition, living expenses, and airfare for international students.
- POSCO Asia Fellowship: The POSCO Asia Fellowship is a scholarship for international students who are interested doctorate degree in studying in South Korea, and it provides funding for tuition, living expenses, and airfare.
- National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) Scholarship: The NRF scholarship is for international students who are interested in pursuing research in South Korea, and it provides funding for tuition, living expenses, and research expenses.
- Korean Language Training Scholarship: This scholarship is for international students who are interested in learning the Korean language, and it provides funding for language training and living expenses.
- Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) Scholarship: The KOCIS scholarship is for international students interested in learning about Korean culture and language and provides funding for language training and cultural activities.
Quality of Education
South Korea is renowned for its high-quality education system, characterized by its focus on practical skills and cutting-edge technology. With a strong emphasis on research and innovation, students who study in South Korea will have access to world-class resources and opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge.
For Bangladeshi students to study in South Korea, they need to meet the following requirements:
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent
- Proof of English proficiency, such as a TOEFL or IELTS score
- A clear and concise statement of purpose outlining the reasons for studying in South Korea
- Letters of recommendation from academic or professional references
- Transcripts and certificates from previous educational institutions
- Research universities and programs in South Korea that meet your needs and goals. Meet the entry requirements as stated above.
- Submit a complete application to the university of your choice, including all required documents.
- Await the outcome of your application and receive a letter of acceptance or rejection.
- If accepted, submit a visa application to the South Korean embassy in Bangladesh.
Documents Checklist for Visa Application
- Completed visa application form
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Acceptance letter from the university in South Korea
- Proof of financial support (e.g. scholarship award letter, bank statement)
- Health insurance certificate
- Return air ticket or proof of purchasing capability
Tips for Successfully Applying
- Start your application process early: Give yourself enough time to research universities, gather all required documents, and prepare for the visa application process.
- Be clear and concise in your statement of purpose: Outline your reasons for studying in South Korea and what you hope to gain from your experience.
- Seek assistance from a scholarship consultant or education agent: They can provide guidance and support throughout the application process.
- Practice English proficiency: Ensure that you meet the English proficiency requirements, as it is the primary language of instruction in South Korean universities.
- Show proof of financial support: Provide a clear and detailed explanation of how you plan to finance your studies in South Korea.
Cultural Experience for International Students in South Korea
South Korea is a vibrant and dynamic country with a rich cultural heritage and a thriving modern society. International students in South Korea will have the opportunity to experience a unique blend of tradition and innovation, with numerous cultural events and activities available throughout the year.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in South Korea varies depending on your lifestyle and location. On average, international students can expect to spend around $800-$1,500 per month on housing, food, transportation, and other expenses.
Top 5 Job Opportunities
- Technology and IT: Korean companies is a leading players in the technology industry, with numerous job opportunities available for graduates.
- Business and finance: With a thriving economy and a strong business culture, many opportunities exist for graduates in the finance and business sectors.
- Education: South Korea is a popular destination for international students, and there are numerous opportunities for graduates to work in the education sector.
- Research and development: With a strong emphasis on research and innovation, there are numerous opportunities for graduate students in the fields of science and engineering programme.
- Manufacturing and production: South Korea is known for its advanced manufacturing and production industries, and there are many opportunities for graduates in these fields.
Benefits of Studying in South Korea
- World-class education system: South Korea is renowned for its high-quality education system, focused on practical skills and cutting-edge technology.
- Unique cultural experience: South Korea is a vibrant and dynamic country with a rich cultural heritage and a thriving modern society.
- Career-building opportunities: With numerous job opportunities available in various industries, studying in South Korea can provide a strong foundation for your future career.
- Access to cutting-edge technology: With a focus on research and innovation, South Korea is a leader in technology and innovation, providing international students with access to world-class resources and opportunities.
- Affordable cost of living: Compared to other countries, the cost of living in South Korea is relatively low, making it an affordable option for international students.
Scholarship for Bangladeshi students in South Korea is an excellent opportunity to receive a world-class education and gain unique cultural experiences. With top universities offering top-quality education in various departments, South Korea is an ideal destination for those looking to further their education and advance their careers. With numerous scholarships available, students can reduce their financial burden and focus on their studies.
The admission process is straightforward and requires meeting the entry requirements, submitting a complete application, and obtaining a visa. By seeking assistance from a scholarship consultant or education agent and following the tips for a successful application, students can increase their chances of being accepted into a South Korean university.
With a low cost of living, numerous job opportunities in various industries, and access to cutting-edge technology, South Korea is a great choice for international students looking to further their education and build their careers. So, if you are looking for a korean government scholarship for bangladeshi students, don’t hesitate to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity.
Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students in South Korea (FAQs)
How can I get scholarship to study in South Korea from Bangladesh?
You can get a scholarship to study in South Korea from Bangladesh by researching and applying for various scholarships offered by universities, government organizations, and private foundations. You can also reach out to scholarship consultants or education agents for assistance in finding and applying for scholarships.
How can I get scholarship in South Korea?
You can get a scholarship in South Korea by researching and applying for various scholarships offered by universities, government organizations, and private foundations. You can also reach out to scholarship consultants or education agents for assistance in finding and applying for scholarships.
How can I go to South Korea from Bangladesh for study?
To go to South Korea from Bangladesh for study, you need to research and apply to universities in South Korea, meet the entry requirements, submit a complete application, and obtain a student visa. You can also reach out to scholarship consultants or education agents for assistance in the process.
How much does it cost to study from Bangladesh to South Korea?
The cost of studying from Bangladesh to South Korea varies depending on your university and program. On average, the tuition and living expenses in South Korea can range from $10,000 to $25,000 per year.
Can I study in South Korea for free?
While it is not possible to study in South Korea for free, numerous scholarships are available to help reduce the cost of tuition and living expenses.
Which country is best for scholarship for Bangladeshi students?
The best country for scholarship for Bangladeshi students may vary depending on the student’s educational and career goals. South Korea is a great choice for students interested in technology, engineering, and science, while countries like the United States (USA), the United Kingdom (UK), Canada, and Australia are popular choices for students interested in various fields.
Is getting a scholarship in Korea hard?
Getting a scholarship in South Korea can be competitive, as many scholarships are highly sought after. However, by researching and applying to multiple scholarships, and reaching out to scholarship consultants or education agents for assistance, you can increase your chances of receiving a scholarship.
How much percentage is required for Korean scholarship?
The percentage required for a Korean scholarship may vary depending on the scholarship and the university you are applying to. On average, a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher is required, and some scholarships may also require a certain percentage or score on standardized tests.
Is GKS scholarship free?
Yes, the GKS scholarship is free, and covers tuition and living expenses for international students studying in South Korea.
What is GPA for GKS scholarship?
The minimum GPA for the GKS scholarship is 3.0 or higher.
What are the 3 rounds of GKS scholarship?
The 3 rounds of the GKS scholarship are the preliminary selection, the written test, and the interview round.
Who is eligible for GKS?
The GKS scholarship is open to international students who meet the eligibility criteria, which include being a citizen of a participating country, having a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher, and meeting the language requirements for the program you are applying to.