You’re probably here because you’re on the hunt for the best English medium schools in Bangladesh, right? Well, you’re in luck because you’ve landed in the right place.
Did you know that there are over 300 English medium schools in Bangladesh? Yes, you read that right, over 300! With such a vast number, it can be quite a challenge to sift through them all and find the one that’s just right for your child’s needs.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We’ve done the legwork for you and have compiled a list of the top 10 best English medium schools in Bangladesh. These schools have been selected based on a variety of factors such as academic performance, extracurricular activities, faculty qualifications, and student reviews. So, sit back, relax, and let us guide you through this important journey. After all, the future of your child’s education is at stake, and we’re here to help you make the best decision. Stay with us as we unravel the cream of the crop in English medium education in Bangladesh.
Top 10 English Medium Schools in Bangladesh
|No.||Name||Campus Address||Website Link||Unique Feature|
|1||International School Dhaka (ISD)||Plot 80, Block E, Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka 1229, Bangladesh||ISD||Offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) program|
|2||Maple Leaf International School||House 95, Road 11/A, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka 1209, Bangladesh||Maple Leaf||Provides Canadian curriculum|
|3||Scholastica School||House 3/A, Road 2, Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh||Scholastica||Offers both national and Cambridge curriculums|
|4||Willes Little Flower School and College||85, Kakrail, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh||Willes Little Flower||One of the first English medium schools in Dhaka|
|5||Mastermind English Medium School||House 4, Road 2, Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh||Mastermind||Offers British curriculum|
|6||International Turkish Hope School||Plot 7, Road 6, Sector 4, Uttara, Dhaka 1230, Bangladesh||ITHS||Offers a blend of national and international curriculums|
|7||Oxford International School||House 34, Road 27 (old), New 16, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka 1209, Bangladesh||Oxford||Provides Cambridge curriculum|
|8||Australian International School||300 Feet, Purbachal Highway, 1229||Australian International||Offers Australian curriculum|
|9||BAF Shaheen English Medium School||Tejgaon, Cantonment, Dhaka – 1206||BAF Shaheen||Operated by Bangladesh Air Force|
|10||Pledge Harbor School & Sports Academy||Singer Dighi, Mawna Union 1741||Pledge Harbor||Emphasizes on sports and physical education|
The Importance of English Medium Education in Bangladesh
Let’s talk about something crucial – the importance of English medium education in Bangladesh. In today’s globalized world, English has become more than just a language; it’s a powerful tool that opens doors to countless opportunities.
- English in a Globalized World: English is the most widely spoken language worldwide and is the de facto language of international communication. Whether it’s in the realms of business, academia, or technology, English proficiency often equates to having a competitive edge. It’s no longer a luxury but a necessity.
- The Role of English Medium Schools: Recognizing this global trend, English medium schools in Bangladesh are playing a pivotal role in preparing our children for this global stage. These schools follow an English-based curriculum, ensuring students become proficient in the language from a young age. But it’s not just about language proficiency.
- A Holistic Approach: English medium schools in Bangladesh are adopting a holistic approach to education. They aim to develop well-rounded individuals who are academically sound, culturally aware, socially responsible, and ready to take on the world.
- Preparing for the Future: These schools are also focusing on future-ready skills like critical thinking, creativity, and digital literacy, skills that are highly valued in the global job market.
In essence, English medium schools in Bangladesh are not just responding to the need for English education; they are actively shaping a generation that is ready to thrive in a globalized world. Now, isn’t that something we all want for our children?
Methodology for Ranking the Schools
We believe in transparency and want you to know that our rankings are not arbitrary. They are based on a comprehensive evaluation of several key parameters. Here’s what we considered:
- Academic Performance: This is a no-brainer. The primary purpose of a school is to provide quality education. We looked at the school’s track record in terms of examination results, university placements, and academic awards.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: We believe that education goes beyond textbooks. Schools that provide a balanced program with opportunities for sports, arts, and other non-academic pursuits scored higher in our ranking.
- Faculty Qualification: The quality of a school is significantly influenced by the quality of its teachers. We considered the teachers’ qualifications, experience, and commitment to continuous learning.
- Student Feedback: Who better to judge a school than its students? We took into account the students’ feedback about their learning experience, the school environment, and the support they receive from teachers and staff.
- Infrastructure: A well-equipped school can greatly enhance the learning experience. We looked at the school’s facilities, including classrooms, laboratories, libraries, sports facilities, and more.
Top 10 Best English Medium Schools in Bangladesh
1. International School Dhaka (ISD)
A jewel in the crown of Bangladesh’s educational landscape, the International School Dhaka (ISD) has been a beacon of excellence since its inception in 1999. Nestled in the vibrant heart of Bashundhara, Dhaka, ISD is a hub of world-class education, offering a rich tapestry of learning experiences.
The school’s sprawling campus is a testament to modern educational infrastructure, boasting state-of-the-art facilities that include well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, a vast library, and top-tier sports facilities. ISD’s faculty, a cadre of highly qualified and experienced educators, are the driving force behind the school’s impressive academic record and successful university placements.
Beyond academics, ISD champions a holistic approach to education, offering a plethora of extra-curricular activities that have seen its students clinch numerous awards in various fields. Despite its premium fee structure, ISD’s commitment to nurturing a love for learning and fostering a global outlook has earned it high praise from both parents and students.
2. Maple Leaf International School
Steeped in a rich history dating back to 1972, Maple Leaf International School is a venerable institution in Bangladesh’s English medium education sector. This Dhaka-based school is a fusion of tradition and modernity, its campus in Dhanmond is a harmonious blend of architectural styles that creates a conducive learning environment.
The school’s faculty, a diverse mix of local and international educators, consistently guide students to top performances in O and A Level examinations. Beyond the classroom, Maple Leaf champions holistic development, offering a wide array of extra-curricular activities that have seen its students excel in various inter-school competitions.
Despite its competitive fee structure, the school’s commitment to academic and character development has earned it high praise from its alumni, cementing its reputation as a leading English medium school in Bangladesh.
3. Scholastica School
A stalwart in English medium education since 1977, Scholastica School has been shaping the minds of young learners across multiple campuses in Uttara Model Town, Dhaka. The school’s modern campuses are a testament to its commitment to providing a nurturing environment, boasting state-of-the-art facilities that include interactive classrooms, well-equipped labs, a rich library, and excellent sports facilities.
Scholastica’s faculty, a blend of experienced local and international educators, are dedicated to fostering academic excellence, as evidenced by the school’s impressive O and A Level examination results. Beyond academics, Scholastica encourages students to explore their interests through a wide range of extra-curricular activities. Despite its premium fee structure, Scholastica’s well-rounded approach to education has earned it high praise from parents and students alike.
4. Willes Little Flower School and College
A venerable institution in Kakrail, Dhaka’s educational landscape, Willes Little Flower School and College has been providing quality education since 1956. Despite its modest campus size, the school is well-equipped with modern classrooms, science labs, a library, and sports facilities.
The school’s dedicated team of experienced educators consistently guide students to top performances in O and A Level examinations. Beyond academics, Willes Little Flower encourages students to develop their skills through a variety of extra-curricular activities, particularly in debate and cultural activities. Despite its competitive fee structure, the school’s balanced approach to education has earned it high praise from its alumni.
5. Mastermind English Medium School
A relative newcomer to the field of English medium education in Bangladesh, Mastermind English Medium School has quickly established itself as a popular choice among parents and students since its establishment in 1997. The school’s campuses in Dhanmondi and Uttara are well-equipped with modern facilities, providing a conducive learning environment. Mastermind’s faculty, a team of experienced educators, is dedicated to fostering academic excellence, as evidenced by the school’s impressive O and A Level examination results.
Beyond academics, Mastermind champions a holistic approach to education, offering a wide array of extra-curricular activities that have seen its students clinch numerous awards in various fields. Despite its premium fee structure, Mastermind’s commitment to providing a well-rounded education has earned it high praise from both parents and students.
Things to Consider While Choosing an English Medium School
Choosing the right school for your child is a significant decision, and it’s essential to consider several factors before making your choice. Here are some things you should keep in mind:
- Your Child’s Needs: Every child is unique, and so are their educational needs. Consider your child’s strengths, weaknesses, interests, and learning style. The right school should be able to cater to these needs and help your child thrive.
- School’s Curriculum: Take a close look at the school’s curriculum. Does it align with your educational goals for your child? Does it offer a balanced program with equal emphasis on academics and extra-curricular activities?
- Distance from Home: The school’s location is another crucial factor. Long travel times can be stressful for children and can eat into their time for rest, homework, and leisure.
- School’s Reputation: Consider the school’s reputation. Look at its track record in terms of academic performance, extra-curricular achievements, and university placements.
- Visit the School: Nothing beats a personal visit to the school. It gives you a chance to see the facilities, meet the faculty, and get a feel of the school environment. You can also interact with students and parents to get their feedback.
- Fees Structure: Last but not least, consider the school’s fees structure. While it’s important to invest in your child’s education, it should not put undue financial stress on the family.
Remember, the best school is not necessarily the most popular or the most expensive one. It’s the one that best meets your child’s needs and aligns with your family’s values and expectations. So take your time, do your research, and make an informed decision. After all, it’s about your child’s future.
Choosing the right school for your child is like laying the foundation stone for their future. It’s a decision that requires careful thought and consideration. We hope that our list of the top 10 best English medium schools in Bangladesh has provided you with valuable insights and will help you in making this important decision.
Remember, every child is unique, and the best school for them is one that caters to their individual needs, nurtures their talents, and helps them grow into well-rounded individuals. So, don’t just go by rankings or popularity. Consider all the factors we discussed, visit the schools, meet the faculty, and most importantly, involve your child in the decision-making process.
As we wrap up, here’s a thought: “Education is not just about going to school and getting a degree. It’s about widening your knowledge and absorbing the truth about life.” – Shakuntala Devi. So, let’s aim to provide our children with an education that prepares them not just for exams, but for life.
English Medium Schools (FAQs)
Which is the best English medium school in Bangladesh?
Often considered the top English medium school in Bangladesh, International School Dhaka stands out with its high academic standards, diverse extracurricular activities, and emphasis on character development. However, the “best” school can vary based on individual needs and preferences.
How much does English Medium School cost in BD?
The cost of English Medium Schools in Bangladesh can vary significantly. On average, you might expect to pay between BDT 15,000 to BDT 30,000 per month, inclusive of tuition fees, books, and other miscellaneous costs.
Which is the best school in Chittagong?
In Chittagong, Chittagong Grammar School is often recognized as the leading institution. It boasts an excellent academic record, a wide array of extracurricular activities, and a highly qualified teaching staff.
How do English medium schools in Bangladesh compare to government schools in terms of quality?
English medium schools in Bangladesh generally provide a higher quality of education compared to government schools. They follow international curriculums, maintain smaller class sizes, and offer a broad range of extracurricular activities. However, they are also more expensive.
Are English medium schools in Bangladesh affordable for middle-class families?
Affording an English medium school can be challenging for middle-class families in Bangladesh due to the high fees. However, some schools offer scholarships and financial aid to help offset the costs.
What is the admission process like for English medium schools in Bangladesh?
The admission process for English medium schools in Bangladesh typically involves an application form, an entrance exam, and an interview. The specifics can vary from school to school.
Are English medium schools in Bangladesh recognized internationally?
Yes, English medium schools in Bangladesh are recognized internationally, especially those offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) or Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum.
How do English medium schools in Bangladesh maintain a balance between academics and extracurricular activities?
English medium schools in Bangladesh strive to maintain a balance between academics and extracurricular activities. They offer a wide range of clubs, sports, and arts programs alongside rigorous academic coursework.
Are there any English medium schools in Bangladesh that offer career-oriented programs?
Yes, some English medium schools in Bangladesh offer career-oriented programs, such as business studies or computer science, to prepare students for specific career paths.
How do English medium schools in Bangladesh prepare students for the global job market?
English medium schools in Bangladesh prepare students for the global job market by teaching critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills. They also expose students to a variety of cultures and perspectives through their diverse student bodies.
Are English medium schools in Bangladesh accessible to students with special needs?
Most English medium schools in Bangladesh are accessible to students with special needs. They offer resources and support to ensure all students can succeed.
How do English medium schools in Bangladesh foster creativity and critical thinking among students?
English medium schools in Bangladesh foster creativity and critical thinking among students through project-based learning, discussion-based classes, and a focus on independent research and analysis.