Bangladesh and China have a strong relationship, with China being one of the largest trading partners and investors in Bangladesh. In recent years, there has been a growing interest in educational exchanges between the two countries, with more and more Bangladeshi students seeking to study in China. To assist these students, the Chinese government offers a variety of scholarships for Bangladeshi students to study in China. In this article, I will provide a comprehensive guide on china scholarship for bangladeshi students, including eligibility criteria, application process, and benefits of studying in China.
Top 5 Universities in China
- Tsinghua University – Known for its engineering and computer science programs, Tsinghua is one of the top universities in China.
- Peking University – A leading research university, Peking is home to a number of top-ranked programs in fields like economics, law, and humanities.
- Fudan University – Another top research university, Fudan is particularly strong in fields like business, medicine, and engineering.
- Zhejiang University – A comprehensive research university, Zhejiang is known for its programs in natural sciences, engineering, and medicine.
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University – A highly ranked research university, Shanghai Jiao Tong is particularly strong in fields like engineering, computer science, and economics.
Top Scholarships in China
- Chinese Government Scholarship – This scholarship is offered by the Chinese government to international students, including those from Bangladesh. It covers tuition, accommodation, and a living allowance.
- Confucius Institute Scholarship – This scholarship is offered by the Chinese government to support the study of Chinese language and culture. It covers tuition, accommodation, and a living allowance.
- University Scholarships – Many universities in China offer their own scholarships to international students, including those from Bangladesh. These scholarships may cover tuition, accommodation, and living expenses.
- DAAD Scholarship – The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers scholarships to students from Bangladesh who want to study in China.
- Alibaba Founder’s Scholarship – This scholarship is offered by the Alibaba Group to support the education of young people in Asia.
- Huawei Seeds for the Future Scholarship – This scholarship is offered by Huawei to support the education of young people in developing countries, including Bangladesh.
- China Development Bank Scholarship – This scholarship is offered by the China Development Bank to support students from developing countries who want to study in China.
CSC Scholarships in China
- Awarded by Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) to international students in CSC-affiliated universities in China
- Online application system open from December to April each year (last date to apply varies by university)
- 274 universities in China offer scholarships for international students
- Three scholarship categories: CSC Scholarship Type A (apply through Chinese Embassy, 2 university limit). CSC Scholarship Type B (apply through University, 3 university limit, Bachelor program in Chinese medium, Masters & PhD programs in both English and Chinese medium). CSC Scholarship Type C (apply directly to Chinese University)
- Specialized team at SIC China office to handle applications
- Many universities offer scholarships in various subjects, including Chinese language and MBBS
- Application should be 100% accurate.
Read More: MBBS in China for Bangladeshi Students
Quality of Education
China has a long history of excellence in higher education, with many of its universities ranked among the best in the world. In recent years, China has made significant investments in its education system, building new universities and investing in cutting-edge research facilities. This has made China a top destination for students who want to receive a high-quality education and pursue cutting-edge research opportunities.
- Must be healthy physically and mentally, under 45 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, at least 3 years of work experience in a related field
- Currently employed in a government agency, company, or research institute, with a high-level position or strong research background
- Good English language proficiency, IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 or TOEFL Internet score 80 as minimum
- Strong career potential and willingness to promote China-home country cooperation and exchange
- Not eligible if currently studying in China or already a recipient of a Chinese Government Scholarship
- Submit the following documents (scanned copies acceptable during the application period, originals required later)
- Application form with photo and signature
- Personal statement of research (500 words minimum in English)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and academic transcripts
- 2 recommendation letters from employers or professors with their contact information
- English proficiency certificates
- Copy of passport page with personal information
- Application reviewed by Admission Committee, selected applicants will be notified
- Scholarship only supports one program per applicant
- Admission Letter and visa application sent to scholarship winners by universities or Chinese Embassy
- Failure to register before deadline results in scholarship cancellation.
Documents Checklist for Visa Application
- Visa application form
- Admission letter from the university
- Financial statement
- Health certificate
- Academic transcripts
- Language test scores (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS)
- Any other required documents specified by the university or embassy
Tips for Getting Scholarships in China
- Start early – It is important to start your scholarship search as early as possible, as some scholarships may have early deadlines or limited funds.
- Research extensively – Research the different scholarships available to you, and make sure you understand the eligibility criteria, benefits, and application process for each.
- Plan ahead – Plan ahead for your studies and budget, so that you can maximize your opportunities for scholarships and minimize any financial burdens.
- Show your motivation – In your scholarship application, show why you are motivated to study in China, and how the scholarship will help you achieve your academic and career goals.
- Network with alumni – Network with alumni from Bangladesh who have studied in China, and ask them for advice and tips on how to secure scholarships and succeed in your studies.
Cultural Experience for International Students in China
Studying in China is not just about getting a great education, it is also about immersing yourself in a new culture and making lifelong connections. There are many opportunities for international students to experience Chinese culture, such as participating in cultural events, joining clubs and organizations, and volunteering. You can also travel to other parts of China and experience its diverse regions and traditions.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in China can vary depending on where you live and your personal lifestyle. On average, international students can expect to spend around CNY 1,000 to CNY 2,000 (approximately $150 to $300) per month on living expenses. This includes food, housing, transportation, and other miscellaneous expenses. It is important to plan ahead and budget accordingly, to ensure that you have enough funds to cover your expenses during your studies in China.
Top 5 Job Opportunities
- Technology and engineering – China is home to many cutting-edge technology and engineering companies, making it a great place for students to launch their careers in these fields.
- Finance and business – China has a growing financial sector and many opportunities for students with a background in business or economics.
- Healthcare – With a growing population and increasing demand for healthcare services, China has many job opportunities for students with a background in medicine or healthcare.
- Education – China has a large education sector, and there are many opportunities for students with a background in education to work as teachers or researchers.
- Culture and tourism – With its rich cultural heritage and growing tourism industry, China has many job opportunities for students with a background in cultural studies or tourism.
Benefits of Studying in China
One-year Program: Total Amount: 200,800 RMB/year
- Exempted fees (registration, tuition, laboratory, internship, materials)
- On-campus accommodation
- Living Allowance (96,000 RMB/year)
- One-off settlement subsidy (3,000 RMB)
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Round-trip air tickets (to China and back home after completion)
Two-year Program (1+1 studies):
- Scholarship for first year same as One-year Program
- Second year:
- Thesis done in home country, defense in China
- Scholarship covers one round-trip ticket for defense only
China scholarship for Bangladeshi students can be a life-changing experience, offering students from Bangladesh the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, immerse themselves in a new culture, and build their careers. With its many world-class universities and diverse scholarship opportunities, China is an excellent choice for those looking to further their education. If you are interested in pursuing a scholarship for Bangladeshi students in China, it is important to start your research and planning early, to ensure that you have the best chance of success.
China Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
How can I get scholarship from China to Bangladesh?
To get a scholarship from China to Bangladesh, students should research and find suitable scholarship programs that match their educational and financial needs. The most common way to apply for scholarships is through the Chinese Embassy in Bangladesh or the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) website. Eligibility criteria, application process and required documents will vary depending on the scholarship program, but generally, students must be a Bangladeshi citizen, have a high school diploma or equivalent, meet the language requirements (usually Mandarin Chinese or English) and meet the academic requirements for the program of study.
How can I get a full scholarship to study in China?
To get a full scholarship to study in China, students should research and apply for scholarships that cover all expenses, such as tuition, accommodation, and living expenses. The Chinese Government Scholarship is a popular scholarship that provides full coverage for students at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD).
Also, many Chinese universities also offer scholarships for international students, including full scholarships. It’s important to research the scholarships thoroughly and to have a strong academic record and personal statement to increase the chances of getting a full scholarship.
Is China good for Bangladeshi students?
China can be a good option for Bangladeshi students looking to study abroad. China offers a high-quality education, with many of its universities ranking among the top in the world.
Studying in China allows students to experience Chinese culture firsthand and improve their Mandarin Chinese language skills. Furthermore, China’s economy is rapidly growing, and many companies are looking for talented graduates with knowledge of China and Mandarin Chinese. This can open doors to exciting career opportunities in a variety of fields.
Can I study in China for free?
It is possible to study in China for free through scholarship programs such as the Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, and university scholarships. These scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, and living expenses for the duration of the program. However, students are still responsible for other expenses such as airfare, insurance, books, and personal expenses.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
To get a 100% scholarship in china for bangladeshi students, applicants should research and apply for scholarships that cover all expenses, such as tuition, accommodation, and living expenses. The Chinese Government Scholarship is a popular scholarship that provides full coverage for students at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD).
Additionally, many Chinese universities also offer scholarships for international students, including full scholarships. It’s important to research the scholarships thoroughly and to have a strong academic record and personal statement to increase the chances of getting a 100% scholarship.
What GPA is required for scholarship in China?
The required GPA varies depending on the scholarship and university. Generally, a high GPA (3.0 or higher) is preferred, and some scholarships may require a minimum of 3.5 or higher. It is best to research and check the specific requirements for each scholarship you are interested in.