The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a public-funded organization that promotes international academic exchange between Germany and other countries. They offer a wide range of scholarship programs for Bangladeshi students who are interested in pursuing higher education in Germany. In this article, I will provide an overview of the DAAD scholarship for Bangladeshi students, including eligibility criteria, the application process, and other important information.
What is a DAAD Scholarship?
The DAAD scholarship is an international scholarship program that offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to study in Germany. The program is open to students from all over the world and offers a variety of scholarships that can cover a wide range of costs, including tuition, room and board, and other associated expenses.
To be eligible for the DAAD scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Bangladeshi citizenship or long-term residence in Bangladesh
- Excellent academic performance (minimum 3.3 GPA)Interest in pursuing higher education in Germany
- Ability to demonstrate financial need The scholarship is not available to students who are currently enrolled in a German university or college.
- However, students who have already completed their undergraduate studies at a German university or college may be able to continue their studies as long as they are still registered for courses and maintain good academic standing.
- To apply for the scholarship, students must submit an online application.
- First, applicants must complete the online application form.
- Applicants must submit a document that demonstrates their academic qualifications and motivation for studying in Germany. This document can be in any form but must include official transcripts and a letter of motivation from the applicant.
- Applicants must also provide information about their German / English language skills and any other relevant experiences they have.
Selection Criteria for the DAAD Scholarship?
- Academic qualifications: The applicant must have a strong academic background and must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- Language proficiency: The applicant must have a good command of the English language, as well as the language of instruction at the host university in Germany (German or English).
- Relevance of the proposed study program: The proposed study program must be relevant to the applicant’s field of study and career goals.
- Potential for future leadership: The applicant should demonstrate potential for future leadership in their field of study and in their home country.
- Commitment to development cooperation: The applicant should demonstrate a commitment to development cooperation and a willingness to actively engage in development-related activities.
- No dual citizenship: The applicant should not have German citizenship or dual citizenship with Germany.
- Health: The applicant should be in good health and able to undertake the proposed study program in Germany.
- Financial need: The applicant should have a genuine financial need for the scholarship.
- Eligibility: The applicant should meet all the eligibility criteria as set by the DAAD for the scholarship program.
Read More: Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students in Germany
Types of Scholarships
- Short-term Scholarships: These scholarships are intended for students, graduates, and young professionals who want to spend a short period of time in Germany (1-6 months) for study, research, or professional development.
- Study Scholarships: These scholarships are intended for students who want to study at a German university for a longer period of time (6-24 months). These scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and health insurance.
- Research Grants: These grants are intended for graduates and young professionals who want to conduct research at a German university or research institute. These grants cover living expenses, health insurance, and research-related costs. 
- PhD Scholarships: These scholarships are intended for students who want to pursue a PhD degree at a German university. These scholarships cover living expenses, health insurance, and tuition fees.
- Post-Doc Scholarships: These scholarships are intended for young researchers who have recently completed their PhD and want to continue their research in Germany. These scholarships cover living expenses, health insurance, and research-related costs.
- Full degree scholarships: These scholarships are intended for students who want to pursue full degree programs at the Masters or Ph.D level in German Universities.
The DAAD scholarship for Bangladeshi students is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing higher education in Germany. It provides funding for a wide range of programs and offers a chance to gain knowledge and skills in a world-class academic environment. However, the selection process is highly competitive, and students must meet strict eligibility criteria and submit a strong application to be considered. If you are interested in applying for the DAAD scholarship, be sure to read all the information carefully and start preparing your application well in advance.
Daad Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
What are the requirements for DAAD scholarship?
IELTS (band 6) or TOEFL (minimum score of 550 on paper, 213 on computer, and 80 online) are the minimum requirements for applying for a DAAD scholarship. In German courses, matriculation requires a certificate of DSH 2 or Test DaF 4.
Is DAAD scholarship easy to get?
DAAD scholarship is highly competitive, and the selection process is rigorous. The scholarship is awarded to the best-qualified candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have a strong academic background and relevant study or research proposal.
Is GPA important for DAAD scholarship?
A good GPA is one of the factors considered by the DAAD when evaluating scholarship applications. However, the selection process also takes into account other factors, such as language proficiency, relevance of the proposed study or research program, potential for future leadership, and commitment to development cooperation.
How to apply DAAD Scholarship 2023?
The application process for DAAD scholarship varies depending on the type of scholarship and the country of origin of the applicant. Generally, applicants must submit an online application, including a CV, academic transcripts, language proficiency certificates, study or research proposal, and letters of recommendation. Additional documents may be required depending on the type of scholarship. It is always best to check the official website of DAAD for the most up-to-date information on the application process.
Can I apply for DAAD without work experience?
Work experience is not a requirement for DAAD scholarship, but it may be considered as an advantage by the selection committee when evaluating the application. However, the selection process mainly focuses on the applicant’s academic background, language proficiency, relevance of the proposed study or research program, potential for future leadership, and commitment to development cooperation.
How much percentage is required for DAAD scholarship?
The DAAD does not specify a minimum percentage or GPA requirement for international students. However, a good academic record is expected and considered as one of the factors when evaluating the application.