Finland is a Nordic country located in Northern Europe, known for its beautiful landscapes, vibrant culture, and high-quality education system. The Finnish education system is renowned for its focus on practical learning and innovation, making it an attractive destination for international students. It is a dream destination for students worldwide, and for Bangladeshi students, it is no different. The Finnish government and universities offer a range of scholarships to international students to study in Finland, including Bangladesh. This article will provide you with a comprehensive guide on the Finland scholarship for Bangladeshi students, including top universities, top scholarships, entry requirements, admission process, tips for success, cultural experience, cost of living, job opportunities, and benefits of studying in Finland.
Top 5 Universities in Finland
1. University of Helsinki – The University of Helsinki is the oldest and largest university in Finland, known for its high-quality education, cutting-edge research, and innovation. It is a leader in several fields, including medicine, law, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences.
2. Aalto University – Aalto University is a modern, multidisciplinary university focusing on technology, design, and business. It is a leader in several fields, including technology, engineering, architecture, and design.
3. Tampere University – Tampere University is a leading research-oriented university focused on creating new knowledge and solutions for the world’s pressing challenges. It is a leader in several fields, including technology, engineering, natural sciences, and social sciences.
4. University of Turku – The University of Turku is a dynamic and multidisciplinary university that is focused on research, education, and innovation. It is a leader in several fields, including medicine, law, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences.
5. Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology – Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology is a highly innovative university that is focused on technology and engineering. It is a leader in several fields, including technology, engineering, natural sciences, and social sciences.
Top 7 Scholarships in Finland
- Finnish Government Scholarships Pool: This scholarship program offers funding for international students from all countries, including Bangladesh, to study bachelor, master’s degree, and Ph.D. in Finland.
- Erasmus+: This scholarship program provides funding for international students to study in Europe (EU), including Finland, for a period of 3-12 months.
- University of Helsinki Scholarships: The University of Helsinki offers master’s scholarships, including those from Bangladesh, to study in Finland.
- Aalto University Scholarships: Aalto University offers scholarships for international students, including Bangladeshi students, to pursue their studies in Finland.
- Tampere University Scholarships: Tampere University provides non-eu scholarship in finland for bangladeshi students.
- Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology Scholarships: This university offers scholarships for international students, including those from Bangladesh, to study in Finland.
Quality of Education
Finland is renowned for its higher education system, which focuses on creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. Finland universities provide students with a flexible and interactive learning environment, where students are encouraged to participate in the learning process. The education system is designed to meet the needs of students from different backgrounds and cultures, and it provides students with opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge in their chosen fields.
The entry requirements for international students to study in Finland vary depending on the university and the program. However, most universities require a minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent, and some universities may require a minimum score in English language proficiency tests such as TOEFL or IELTS. Depending on the program, some universities may also require additional tests, such as GRE or GMAT.
- Research and Select a Program – The first step to studying in Finland is researching and selecting a program that is right for you. You can find information on programs and universities on their websites and study abroad websites.
- Meet the Entry Requirements – Once you have selected a program, you must ensure that you meet the entry requirements. This may include a minimum GPA, English language proficiency test score, and any additional tests required by the university.
- Submit the Application – After you have confirmed that you meet the entry requirements, you can submit your application to the university. The application should include your academic transcripts, English language proficiency test score, and any additional tests required by the university.
- Wait for the Response – Once you have submitted your application, you will need to wait for a response from the university. The response may take several weeks to arrive, so be patient.
- Accept the Offer – If you receive an offer from the university, you must accept it by the deadline indicated in the offer letter.
Documents Checklist for Finland Student Visa
- A valid passport with at least two blank pages.
- A completed student visa application form.
- Two recent passport-size photos.
- Proof of financial support, such as bank statements or a scholarship award letter.
- Proof of health insurance coverage for the duration of your stay in Finland.
- Academic certificates and transcripts, including the applicant’s diploma or degree certificate.
- Your English language proficiency test score, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
Tips for Successfully Applying
- Start Your application process early, as some universities may have deadlines or limited spaces for international students.
- Research the Program and University – Research the program and university thoroughly to make sure that it is the right fit for you.
- Meet the Entry Requirements – Make sure you meet the entry requirements before applying, as this will increase your chances of being accepted.
- Prepare a Strong Application – Prepare a strong application, including a well-written personal statement and high-quality academic transcripts.
- Be Organized – Keep track of deadlines, and ensure you have all the required documents before submitting your application. Following up with the university after submitting your application is important to ensure everything is in order.
Cultural Experience for International Students in Finland
Finland is a culturally rich and diverse country with a strong emphasis on equality and social justice. International students are welcomed with open arms, and there are many opportunities to get involved in cultural activities and events. There are also many international student organizations and clubs, where students can connect with each other and learn more about the local culture.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Finland can vary depending on the city and individual lifestyle. However, on average, international students can expect to spend around $1,500 to $2,500 per month on living expenses, including accommodation, food, transportation, and personal expenses.
Top 5 Job Opportunities
- Finland is home to many world-renowned tech companies, such as Nokia and Rovio, which offer a range of job opportunities for graduates in the fields of IT and technology.
- There are many opportunities for graduates in education, with a strong demand for teachers and educators in Finland.
- Finland has a well-developed healthcare system, and there are many opportunities for graduates in the fields of medicine, nursing, and healthcare.
- There is a strong demand for graduates in business and management, with many opportunities available in finance, marketing, and consulting industries.
- Finland is known for its design and architecture, and there are many opportunities for graduates in these fields, particularly in the areas of product design, graphic design, and architecture.
Benefits of Studying in Finland
- The high-quality education system in Finland provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their careers.
- Studying in Finland provides students with international exposure and the opportunity to connect with students and professionals from around the world.
- Finland is home to many world-renowned companies, providing graduates with many career opportunities.
- The culturally diverse environment in Finland provides students with the opportunity to learn about different cultures and ways of life, which can be valuable in their future careers.
- Graduates from Finland are highly employable due to their strong education and the high quality of the Finnish education system.
Finland scholarship for Bangladeshi students offers a great opportunity for students to further their education and gain valuable skills. With its excellent education system, focus on practical learning, and high standard of living, Finland is a great destination for Bangladeshi students. The cost of studying in Finland is relatively low, and many scholarships cover tuition fees and living expenses. Graduates from Finnish universities have excellent job opportunities available to them and the skills and knowledge acquired in Finland are in high demand in the job market. By researching the available scholarships, meeting the eligibility criteria, and following the application process, Bangladeshi students can take advantage of the opportunity to study in Finland.
Related Post: Hungary Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
Finland Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
How can I get scholarship in Finland?
To get a scholarship in Finland, you can research the available scholarship programs and find one that best suits your needs. Then, check the eligibility criteria and ensure that you meet them. Gather the required documents and submit the application online or by mail.
Can I Get Full Scholarship in Finland?
Yes, getting a full scholarship in Finland for Bangladeshi students is possible. The Finnish government and universities offer a range of scholarships for international students, some of which cover full tuition and living expenses. However, competition for full scholarships is typically high, so it’s important to apply early and make sure your application stands out.
Can I Study in Finland for Free?
Yes, it is possible to study in Finland for free. While tuition fees are generally not charged in Finnish universities, students are expected to cover their own living expenses. However, several scholarships and financial aid programs are available for international students, which can help cover these costs. In some cases, students may be able to find a part-time job while studying to help support themselves.
Is Finland good for Bangladeshi students?
Finland is a great destination for Bangladeshi students looking to further their education. Finland is an ideal place to study with its high-quality education system and focus on practical learning. Additionally, the country offers a high standard of living and a low cost of living, making it a great place to live.
How to get a scholarship in Finland without IELTS?
There are several ways to demonstrate your English proficiency other than IELTS. For example, if your native language is English or your previous academic degree was taught in English at any of the universities in the EU/EEA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the USA. Some universities in Finland also accept if only part of a student’s previous academic degree was taught in the English language.