The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are some of the most prestigious and sought-after engineering institutions in the world. They are known for their rigorous academic programs, cutting-edge research, and excellent faculty. If you are a student from Bangladesh looking to pursue higher education in engineering, the IITs are likely to be at the top of your list of potential institutions. However, the process of getting admission to an IIT from Bangladesh can be challenging and confusing. In this article, I will provide you with how to get admission in iit from Bangladesh? everything you need to know.
IIT Admission Process for Foreign Students
During the JEE Advanced Online Test, foreign students can take admitted to IITs. There is a cap of 10% of total seats in every course for foreign nationals, so allotted to foreign nationals are extra seats.
As long as the other eligibility criteria are met, foreign nationals, including OCIs and PIOs, do not need to write JEE Main and may register directly for JEE Advanced. Candidates from SAARC countries pay USD 90, and those from other countries pay USD 180. 
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Candidates
- JEE (Advanced) can be attempted up to two times in consecutive years.
- The candidate must have taken the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics compulsory subjects in Class XII (or equivalent).
- Candidate’s age should be between 18 and 25 years old.
- Candidates who have taken admission or accepted by paying an admission fee at any of the IITs in the past should not be eligible; even those whose admission was canceled are not eligible.
- A minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Class XII (or equivalent) is required.
- Candidates must have scored in the top 20 percentile on their respective Class XII (or equivalent) boards.
Note: You will also have to submit your academic records and other required documents for verification. It is important to keep in mind that all the documents have to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Indian High Commission in Bangladesh.
Study Plan and Preparation Tips for IIT Admission
- Create a study schedule and stick to it.
- Understand the syllabus, exam pattern, and marking scheme of JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Understand the weightage of different topics in the exams.
- Practice with previous years’ question papers and sample papers.
- Take mock tests regularly to improve your time management skills.
- Focus on your weak areas and try to improve them.
- Try to solve the problems by yourself before looking at the solutions.
- Understand the concepts and principles rather than just memorize them.
- Stay motivated and positive throughout the preparation process.
Once you have been offered a seat in an IIT, you will need to obtain a student visa to enter India. To apply for a student visa, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A passport-sized photograph
- A letter of admission from the IIT
- Proof of financial support for your education and stay in India
- A police clearance certificate from your local police station
- Medical fitness certificate
Cost of Education
The cost of education at the IITs is relatively low compared to other engineering institutions in the world. However, you will still need to budget for tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses. The tuition fees for the IITs are typically around Rs. 2-3 lakhs per year, and accommodation and living expenses can add another Rs. 1-2 lakhs per year.
Getting admission to an IIT from Bangladesh can be challenging, but with the right preparation, it is possible. You must meet the eligibility criteria, register & prepare thoroughly for the JEE Advanced, and meet the visa requirements. It’s important to keep in mind that the process can take several months and may require significant financial resources. However, the benefits of obtaining a degree from an IIT are well worth the effort.
The education and networking opportunities provided by an IIT can open up a world of career possibilities and set you on the path to success in your field. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your dream of getting admission to an IIT from Bangladesh. I hope I can clear your doubt about how to get admission in iit from Bangladesh, if you have any questions, please let me know in the comment section.
Admission in IIT from Bangladesh (FAQs)
Can non Indian citizens get into IIT?
Yes, non-Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission to IITs, but they will be considered under the International category and will have to meet certain eligibility criteria. They will also have to take the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced, which is the admission test for the IITs.
How can I get admission in IIT?
To get admission in IITs, a candidate will have to clear the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced, which is the admission test for the IITs. The exam is usually held in May and the results are usually declared in June. Candidates who clear the JEE Advanced will be eligible for admission to the IITs based on their ranks in the exam.
What is the easiest way to get into IIT?
It is difficult to say what the easiest way to get into IIT is, as it depends on the individual’s abilities and preparation. However, some ways to improve one’s chances of getting into IIT include studying consistently and regularly, participating in coaching classes or taking online courses, and staying informed about the latest developments in the field.
Is IIT seat free of cost?
Answer: The tuition fee for the IITs is relatively low compared to other engineering institutions in the world. However, students will still need to budget for tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses. The tuition fees for the IITs are typically around Rs. 2-3 lakhs per year, and accommodation and living expenses can add another Rs. 1-2 lakhs per year.
Do all IIT students get job?
The vast majority of IIT graduates are able to secure employment after graduation, often with top companies and organizations in India and around the world. IITs have a good reputation and are known for providing quality education. Graduates from IITs are highly sought after by employers in various industries.
Can a weak student get into IIT?
While it may be more challenging, it is possible for a weak student to get into IIT by putting in the hard work and dedication required to succeed on the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced. It’s important to remember that the JEE Advanced is a highly competitive exam, and it requires consistent efforts and hard work to achieve success. Additionally, some weaker students might also consider taking coaching or online resources to improve their chances of getting into IIT.
Can I attempt JEE Advanced for the second time?
According to the JEE Advanced 2023 eligibility criteria, candidates may appear and write the exam twice in two consecutive years, regardless of whether they passed the qualifying exam.