Japan is a country that is known for its rich culture, advanced technology, and excellent education system. For Bangladeshi students, studying in Japan is a dream come true as it offers a chance to learn from some of the best minds in the world. However, studying in Japan can be quite expensive, and many students struggle to finance their education. To help alleviate this financial burden, there are several scholarship in japan for bangladeshi students. In this article, I will take a closer look at the various scholarship opportunities available for Bangladeshi students in Japan, including eligibility criteria, the application process, and other important details.
Top 5 Universities in Japan
- University of Tokyo – known for its strong programs in science, engineering, medicine and law.
- Kyoto University – a research-focused university known for its excellence in humanities and natural sciences.
- Osaka University – offers a wide range of disciplines, with strengths in medicine, engineering, and law.
- Tohoku University – renowned for its programs in science and engineering.
- Hokkaido University – strong in natural sciences, medicine, and engineering.
Top 7 Scholarships in Japan
- Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship – Mext scholarship for bangladeshi students covers tuition, accommodation, and living expenses for international students.
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarship – offers financial support for international students.
- Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Scholarship – for students in the field of science and technology.
- The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship – for students interested in sustainability and the environment.
- JICA Scholarship – for students interested in development and cooperation.
- The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) – for students in the fields of economics, management, science, and technology.
- The Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship – for students in natural sciences and medicine.
Quality of Education
- Quality of Education: Japanese universities are known for their rigorous academic programs and high-quality research facilities. They also have a strong focus on innovation and technology, making Japan a hub for cutting-edge research and development in fields such as engineering, science, and medicine.
- International Recognition: Japanese degrees and qualifications are widely recognized and respected globally, which can open doors for international career opportunities.
- Cultural Experience: Studying in Japan provides students with the opportunity to immerse themselves in a unique and vibrant culture, and learn about the rich history and traditions of Japan.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: Japan is a technologically advanced country with a strong emphasis on innovation and research. This provides students with access to the latest technology and equipment, enabling them to pursue their interests and gain hands-on experience.
- Career Opportunities: Graduates from Japanese universities have access to a wide range of career opportunities in both Japan and abroad, including in multinational corporations, government agencies, and research institutions.
- Support for International Students: Japanese universities have dedicated support systems in place to help international students adjust to life in Japan and succeed academically. This includes language support, academic advising, and assistance with finding housing and employment.
Undergraduate Admission in Japan:
- Completed at least 12 years of schooling
- Upper secondary certificate from an upper secondary school
Master’s Degree Admission:
- Completed at least 16 years of schooling
- Master’s degree with relevant research and job experience
- Most higher education institutions teach in Japanese
- Some courses are taught in English
- Proficiency in the Japanese language is required
- English language proficiency is also required
- IELTS, TOEFL or JLPT 5 scores may be required (varies by institution)
- Japanese language courses available at Dhaka University
- Research and choose a scholarship program and a university that best fits your interests and academic background.
- Submit an application to the scholarship program via the embassy or online.
- Provide required documents, including transcripts, test scores, and recommendation letters.
- Attend an interview if required by the scholarship program or university.
- If accepted, complete the visa and other necessary procedures.
- Prepare for departure and arrival in Japan.
Tips for Successfully Applying
- Start early to give yourself enough time to gather all the necessary documents and prepare for the application process.
- Choose the right program and university that aligns with your academic and career goals.
- Pay attention to the application deadline and requirements of the scholarship program and university.
- Prepare for the English proficiency test and obtain a high score.
- Get strong recommendation letters from teachers, professors, or employers who can vouch for your academic and professional capabilities.
Cultural Experience for Foreign Students in Japan
Japan is known for its rich and unique cultural heritage, offering international students an opportunity to experience a new way of life. Students can immerse themselves in Japanese culture by participating in traditional events, trying new cuisine, and making local friends. Japan also has a thriving international community, making it easy for students to connect with others from different backgrounds.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Japan varies depending on the city and lifestyle of the student. On average, students can expect to spend around $1,000 to $1,500 per month, including accommodation, food, transportation, and other expenses. However, with a scholarship, many expenses such as tuition and housing can be covered, reducing the financial burden for students.
- International students can work up to 28 hours per week in Japan
- Working in Japan requires punctuality and professional behavior
- Full-time work available during semester breaks
- Job opportunities in technology companies, financial institutions, laboratories, and commercial institutions
- Famous companies such as Sony, Toyota, and Hitachi offer job opportunities
- Permanent residency opportunities available through work in European and American corporate organizations
- Knowledge of the Japanese language increases job opportunities
Benefits of Studying in Japan
- Access to world-class education and advanced technology.
- Unique cultural experience and immersion in a new way of life.
- Opportunities for research and innovation.
- Networking and career-building opportunities.
- Improved language skills and intercultural competencies.
Scholarship in Japan for Bangladeshi students offers numerous benefits for Bangladeshi students, including access to high-quality education, unique cultural experience, and career-building opportunities. With a wide range of scholarships available, it is more accessible and affordable for students to pursue their academic and career goals in Japan. If you are interested in studying in Japan, consider exploring the scholarships and universities available to you.
Scholarship in Japan for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
How can I get a full scholarship in Japan?
The best way to get a full scholarship in Japan is to research and apply for scholarships that are available for international students. The Japanese Government Scholarship and Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship are two popular options that provide full coverage for tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly allowance. Many Japanese universities and private organizations also offer scholarships for international students. It is important to check the eligibility criteria for each scholarship and make sure that your application is as strong as possible.
How can I go to Japan from Bangladesh with scholarship?
There are several ways to go to Japan from Bangladesh with a scholarship. The most common way is to apply for a scholarship offered by the Japanese government, such as the Japanese Government Scholarship or the Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship. These scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly allowance.
Additionally, many Japanese universities and private organizations also offer scholarships for international students. To apply for these scholarships, you will need to research and find scholarships that are available for Bangladeshi students, check the eligibility criteria, prepare all the required documents, and submit the application to the relevant institution or organization.
Can Bangladeshi students study in Japan?
Yes, Bangladeshi students can study in Japan. There are many universities in Japan that offer undergraduate and graduate programs for international students. Additionally, there are also scholarships available for Bangladeshi students to study in Japan, such as the Japanese Government Scholarship, the Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship, and scholarships offered by Japanese universities and private organizations.
How much does it cost to study from Bangladesh to Japan?
The cost of studying in Japan can vary depending on the institution, program, and other factors. However, in general, the cost of tuition for international students is quite high in Japan. According to data from the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, the average tuition for international students at a Japanese university is around 5,000,000 YEN (approximately 46,000 USD) per year. Additionally, the cost of living in Japan can also be quite high, with expenses such as accommodation, food, and transportation.
Which country is easy to get scholarship?
It can vary depending on the individual’s qualifications and the country’s scholarship policies and requirements. However, generally speaking, developed countries with a well-established education system and a high demand for international students, such as the United States, Canada, Australia, and some European countries, tend to have more scholarship opportunities available for international students.
Can you get 100% scholarship?
It is possible to get a 100% japanese scholarships for bangladeshi students, but it is quite rare. Most scholarships only cover a portion of the total cost of tuition and living expenses. Additionally, scholarships that cover 100% of the costs are highly competitive and usually only awarded to a select few students with exceptional qualifications. However, some scholarships like the Japanese Government Scholarship and Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship do provide full coverage of tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly allowance.
Is there any age limit for Ph.D. applications?
There is no age limit for Ph.D. applications. Most institutions would consider it discriminatory to judge on age. The real consideration is whether the prospective candidate has a reasonable chance of success.