If you are a Bangladeshi student and want to study in India, you may be interested in applying for a scholarship. Scholarships are an excellent way to pay for your education, and they can also help you gain valuable experience and knowledge while you’re studying. In this blog post, I will list some of the best scholarships for Bangladeshi students in India. By reading through this list, you will be able to find the right scholarship for your needs and goals. If you are interested in learning more about scholarship for Bangladeshi students in India, be sure to check out our blog page.
Top 5 Universities in India
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Known for its strong engineering and technology programs.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) – Known for its business and management programs.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) – Known for its social sciences and humanities programs.
- University of Delhi – Known for its wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) – Known for its science and technology programs.
Top Scholarships in India
- INSPIRE Scholarship – A scholarship offered by the government of India for students pursuing higher education in the field of science and technology.
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) – A scholarship offered by the government of India for students in high school who excel academically.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship – A scholarship offered for international students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in India. The cultural experience in India is a great opportunity for Bangladeshi students.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Scholarship – A scholarship offered for students admitted to IIT for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Scholarship – Indian high commission offered for students pursuing higher education in India.
- Commonwealth Scholarship – A scholarship offered to students from developing countries, including Bangladesh, to pursue higher education in India.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) Scholarship – A scholarship offered for students pursuing honours and post graduate in India.
ICCR Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
ICCR (International Centre for Creativity and Romanticism) is a non-profit organization that offers scholarships to Bangladeshi students. The scholarship program aims to promote creative thinking, cultural exchange, and international understanding through the study of literature, art, music, theater and other forms of creativity.
There are two types of ICCR scholarships: academic and artistic. Academic scholarships are awarded based on merit in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree at a recognized university or college. Artistic scholarships are awarded for the purpose of studying painting, sculpture, graphics arts or architecture. You can apply online either directly to ICCR’s Scholarship Committee or through your respective institution’s admissions office.
The deadline for applying is January 31st each year. The selection process normally takes around six months but may be extended if there are extraordinary circumstances warranting it. Selected applicants will be notified by mail within six weeks after the application deadline has passed There are several benefits to applying for this scholarship program, including:
- Improved livelihood opportunities – With a degree from one of ICCR’s partner universities or research institutes, you’ll have access to many different careers in agriculture. This includes positions within government administrations, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), private sector companies, and even academia!
- Increased knowledge base – By studying at an institution affiliated with ICCR, you’ll gain access to the latest technologies and practices in crop production. This will help you improve your farming skills faster than if you were studying on your own!
- Enhanced networking opportunities – As part of the ICCR community network, you’re likely to meet new friends who can help guide your future career paths. In addition to providing support while you’re studying abroad, our team can also recommend professional resources and connect you with local partners who can support your growing business ventures.
Quality of Education
India is known for its high-quality education system, with many universities ranked among the top in the world. The country has a long history of producing excellent engineers, scientists, and scholars. Indian universities offer a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, and many are recognized internationally for their excellence in research.
Know More: How to Get Admission in IIT from Bangladesh
The entry requirements for Bangladeshi students applying to universities in India vary depending on the program and the university. Typically, a minimum GPA or percentage is required, and some universities may also require entrance exams or other forms of assessment. It’s always best for the applicant to check specific university entry requirements before applying.
- Research the universities and programs that you are interested in applying to.
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you meet them.
- Submit your application, including all required documents, to the university.
- Await the university’s decision on your application.
- If accepted, complete the visa application process.
Documents Checklist for Visa Application
- Visa application form
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Proof of financial support
- Educational documents
- English language proficiency test results (if required)
- Medical certificate
- Police clearance certificate
Tips for Successfully Applying
- Start your research and application process early.
- Make sure you meet all of the entry requirements.
- Submit your application and all required documents on time.
- Tailor your application to the university and program you are applying to.
- Try to get good grades and score well in any required exams.
Cultural Experience for International Students
Cultural experience is one of the most important things that international students can take advantage of when studying in India. Not only will it help you learn about the culture and customs of a new country, but it will also give you opportunities to explore different parts of India and meet people from all walks of life.
International students can expect to immerse themselves in a unique and vibrant culture, with a variety of cuisines, music, and customs to explore. The country is home to many historical and religious sites, including the Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the Golden Temple, a major pilgrimage site for Sikhs.
Related Post: JAIN University Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
Cost of Living
The cost of living in India can vary depending on the location and lifestyle of the student. On average, students can expect to spend around $150-$300 per month on accommodation, food, and other expenses. This can be lower or higher depending on the student’s budget and choices.
- Engineering and technology-related fields
- Business and management
- Information technology
- Healthcare and medicine
- Education and research
Benefits of Studying in India
- High-quality education from top-ranked universities
- Diverse and rich cultural experience
- Global perspective and networking opportunities
- Cost-effective compared to other international study destinations
- Strong job opportunities in various fields after graduation
Scholarship for Bangladeshi students in India offers a great opportunity to further their education and gain valuable international experience. With top universities and a wide range of scholarships available, India is a popular destination for international students. The country offers a high-quality education system, diverse cultural experience, and strong job opportunities, making it a great choice for students looking to build their careers.
Read More: SII Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students in India (FAQs)
How can I get a full scholarship in India?
There are a variety of full scholarships available for students in India. Some are offered by the government, while others are offered by private organizations or universities. To be eligible for a full scholarship, students typically need to have high academic achievements, demonstrate financial need, and meet specific criteria set by the scholarship provider. Students can also look into research or merit-based scholarships, as well as scholarships specifically for international students.
Can a Bangladeshi student study in India?
Yes, Bangladeshi students are eligible to study in India. They will need to meet the same entry requirements and go through the same application process as other international students. It is important for Bangladeshi students to check with the Indian embassy in Bangladesh for any specific regulations or requirements.
Which scholarships are easy to get in India?
Scholarships that are easy to get in India vary depending on the student’s academic achievements, financial need, and other factors. Merit-based scholarships, which are awarded to students with high academic achievements, may be easier to obtain than need-based scholarships. It’s also helpful to research scholarships specifically for international students as they might have less competition.
How can I get PM Modi scholarship?
The PM Modi scholarship is a merit-based scholarship offered by the Indian government to international students. To be eligible, students must have high academic achievements and be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program in an Indian university. The scholarship is awarded based on the student’s academic record and scores in the qualifying examination.
Can a Bangladeshi get a job in India?
Yes, a Bangladeshi can get a job in India, but it may depend on the individual’s qualifications and the specific job requirements. It is important for Bangladeshi nationals to check with the Indian embassy in Bangladesh for any specific regulations or requirements.
Is Bangladesh degree valid in India?
It depends on the level of accreditation of the Bangladeshi university from which the degree is obtained and the Indian University where the student wants to apply. Generally, Indian universities recognize degrees from accredited universities in Bangladesh. It is always recommended to check with the Indian University for the acceptance of the degree before applying.