Malaysia is a popular destination for international students, and for good reason. The country offers a wide range of high-quality educational institutions, a diverse culture, and a relatively low cost of living. Study in malaysia from bangladesh can be an excellent opportunity to gain a world-class education while experiencing a new culture. In this article, I will explore everything that Bangladesh students need to know about studying in Malaysia, including the application process, visa requirements, and the best universities for various fields of study.
Top 5 Universities in Malaysia
- University of Malaya: Known for its strong programs in engineering and technology, business, and medicine.
- Universiti Putra Malaysia: Focuses on research in agriculture, biotechnology, and environmental science.
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia: Specializes in health sciences and medical research.
- Universiti Sains Malaysia: Offers programs in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- International Islamic University Malaysia: A leading Islamic university that offers programs in a range of disciplines, including law, education, and the humanities.
Top Scholarships in Malaysia
- Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS): This scholarship is offered by the Malaysian government to international students and covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students from developing countries and covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students from Commonwealth countries and covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Yayasan Khazanah Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students pursuing a master’s degree in any field and covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Petronas Scholarships: This scholarship is offered to students pursuing a degree in engineering, science, or technology and covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students pursuing a degree in design, technology, or creative arts and covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- Monash University Malaysia Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to students pursuing a degree at Monash University Malaysia and covers tuition fees and living expenses.
Quality of Education
Malaysia is known for its high-quality education system and is ranked as one of the top study-abroad destinations in the world. The universities in Malaysia offer world-class facilities, experienced faculty, and a wide range of academic programs. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of both local and international students and is recognized globally.
To study in Malaysia, Bangladeshi students must meet specific academic requirements. For undergraduate programs, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in their SSC/HSC/O-level/A-Level exams. For those pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 is required.
The IELTS requirement varies depending on the program and university, with a minimum score of 4.0 to 6.5 being required. Some programs may also require students to submit GRE or GMAT scores. These requirements ensure that students are academically prepared for their studies in Malaysia.
- Research and select a university and program that meets your academic and career goals.
- Check the entry requirements and ensure that you meet them.
- Submit a complete application, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.
- Take the required English proficiency test, if applicable.
- Wait for the university’s admission decision.
- If accepted, pay the acceptance fee and confirm your enrollment.
- Apply for a student visa, following the visa application process and requirements as outlined by the Malaysian government.
Documents Checklist for Visa Application
- Completed visa application form
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Proof of financial support (e.g. bank statement)
- English proficiency test scores (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS)
- Health certificate
- Proof of travel arrangements (e.g. flight booking)
Tips for Getting Scholarships
- Research: Look for scholarships that fit your background, academic standing, and future goals.
- Apply Early: Apply for scholarships as early as possible, as many have deadlines that are several months ahead of the academic year.
- Maintain Good Grades: Good grades increase your chances of getting a scholarship.
- Get Involved: Volunteer, participate in extracurricular activities, and work part-time. This shows a well-rounded and dedicated student who is worthy of a scholarship.
- Write a Strong Essay: Most scholarship applications require an essay. Write a clear, concise, and compelling essay that highlights your strengths and achievements.
- Reference Letters: Get reference letters from teachers, counselors, and other people who can vouch for your abilities and character.
- Network: Attend college fairs, meet with college admission representatives and attend seminars to network with scholarship providers.
- Follow Instructions: Read the scholarship application carefully and follow all instructions, including format, word count, and deadline.
- Be Persistent: Apply for as many scholarships as possible and reapply for scholarships for which you did not receive funding.
Cultural Experience for International Students in Malaysia
Malaysia is a culturally diverse country, with a mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian, and indigenous cultures. International students will have the opportunity to experience this unique cultural mix and learn about different traditions, customs, and lifestyles. There are many opportunities for international students to get involved in local activities, such as cultural festivals, sports events, and community service projects.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Malaysia varies depending on your lifestyle and location. On average, international students can expect to spend around $800 to $1,200 per month on living expenses, including accommodation, food, transportation, and personal expenses.
Top 5 Job Opportunities
- Technology: Malaysia is home to a thriving technology industry, with many opportunities for graduates with a degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology.
- Healthcare: Malaysia has a growing healthcare sector, with opportunities for graduates with a degree in medicine, nursing, or other health sciences.
- Education: Malaysia has a strong education sector, with opportunities for graduates with a degree in education or teaching.
- Tourism: Malaysia is a popular tourist destination, with many opportunities for graduates with a degree in tourism management or hospitality.
- Business: Malaysia has a thriving business sector, with opportunities for graduates with a degree in business, finance, or economics.
Benefits of Studying in Malaysia
- Many Malaysian universities offer high-quality education and scholarships
- Admissions to some universities do not require IELTS but having a good score on the exam can improve chances for scholarships
- Malaysia is convenient for Bangladeshi students due to its proximity and familiar culture
- Many programs are taught in English and the country is home to top-ranked higher education institutions
- UK and Australian universities have branch campuses in Malaysia
- Studying in Malaysia is relatively affordable and allows for the transfer of credits to universities in Australia, Canada, and the UK
- Multicultural and diverse living experience
- Good part-time job opportunities
- Cost of studying in Malaysia is similar to private universities in Bangladesh
Read More: Qatar Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
Study in malaysia from bangladesh is an excellent opportunity to further your education and gain valuable experience in a new culture. With a high-quality education system, diverse cultural experiences, and many job opportunities, Malaysia is a top destination for international students. Bangladesh students should take advantage of the many scholarships available to study in Malaysia, which can help to reduce the financial burden of higher education. With a wide range of programs and universities to choose from, Bangladesh students are sure to find the right program to meet their academic and career goals.
Study in Malaysia from Bangladesh (FAQs)
How much does it cost to study from Bangladesh to Malaysia?
The cost of studying in Malaysia varies depending on the university, program, and living expenses. On average, a student can expect to spend between RM 20,000 to RM 40,000 per year for tuition and living expenses.
How much does it cost to study in Malaysia?
On average, students can expect to spend between RM 20,000 to RM 40,000 per year for tuition and living expenses in Malaysia.
How to apply for Malaysia student visa from Bangladesh?
To apply for a Malaysia student visa from Bangladesh, the student will need to:
1. Choose a university and program in Malaysia.
2. Meet the entry requirements for the program.
3. Submit a visa application to the nearest Malaysian embassy in Bangladesh, including required documents such as academic transcripts, proof of financial support, and a passport-size photo.
4. Attend an interview at the embassy if required.
5. Receive the visa and plan for travel to Malaysia.
Which country is best for Bangladeshi students?
The best country for Bangladeshi students depends on their individual academic and career goals, budget, and personal preferences. Malaysia is a popular destination for Bangladeshi students due to its quality of education, affordable cost of living, and diverse cultural experience.
Can I study in Malaysia for free?
There are limited scholarships available in Malaysia that can cover tuition and living expenses for international students. However, most students will need to pay for their own education and living expenses while studying in Malaysia.
Is Malaysia visa free for Bangladesh?
No, Bangladesh citizens are required to obtain a student visa to study in Malaysia.
Do I need IELTS to study in Malaysia?
The requirement for IELTS or equivalent English proficiency test may vary depending on the university and program. Students should check with their chosen university for specific requirements.
Can I work while studying in Malaysia?
International students are typically not allowed to work while studying in Malaysia. However, students may be able to participate in internships or co-op programs as part of their academic program.
Is Malaysia cheap to study?
Compared to other study-abroad destinations, Malaysia is relatively affordable for international students. On average, study cost in malaysia for bangladeshi students between RM 20,000 to RM 40,000 per year for tuition and living expenses in Malaysia.