Scholarships are a great way for students to finance their education and pursue their academic goals without worrying about the financial burden. Turkey is a popular destination for Bangladeshi students who wish to continue their higher education abroad. With its vibrant culture, rich history, and top-notch universities, Turkey is a great choice for students who are looking for a unique and enriching educational experience. In this article, I will discuss the turkey scholarship for bangladeshi students, including the top 5 universities, top 7 scholarships, and more.
Top 5 Universities in Turkey
- Middle East Technical University (METU): METU is well-regarded for its engineering and natural science programs, particularly in the fields of computer science and mathematics.
- Boğaziçi University: Boğaziçi University is one of the top universities in Turkey and is known for its strong programs in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- Sabancı University: Sabancı University is a research-focused institution that is well-regarded for its programs in engineering, computer science, and business.
- Istanbul Technical University (ITU): ITU is a well-established university that is known for its engineering and technology programs, particularly in the fields of electrical engineering and computer engineering.
- Hacettepe University: Hacettepe University is a leading institution in Turkey that is known for its programs in medicine, health sciences, and life sciences.
These universities are highly regarded for their quality of education, cutting-edge research programs, and strong partnerships with industry and government organizations. They offer students a unique and enriching experience and provide the opportunity to study in a field that is in high demand.
Top 7 Scholarships in Turkey
- Turkish Government Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the Turkish government and covers tuition, accommodation, and living expenses for students who are studying at Turkish universities.
- Boğaziçi University Scholarship: Boğaziçi University offers scholarships to students who are studying in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- METU International Student Scholarship: METU offers scholarships to international students who are studying in engineering, natural sciences, and related fields.
- Istanbul Technical University (ITU) International Student Scholarship: ITU offers scholarships to international bachelor students who are studying in engineering, technology, and related fields.
- Sabancı University International Student Scholarship: Sabancı University offers scholarships to international students who are studying in engineering, computer science, and business.
- Hacettepe University International Student Scholarship: Hacettepe University offers scholarships to international students who are studying in medicine, health sciences, and life sciences.
- TÜBİTAK Scholarship: TÜBİTAK is a Turkish government agency that offers scholarships to students who are studying in science, engineering, and technology fields.
These scholarships offer a variety of benefits, including full or partial tuition coverage, living expenses, and opportunities to conduct research or gain practical experience in your field. They are a great way to help offset the cost of studying in Turkey and can provide a valuable addition to your education and career building.
Quality of Education
Turkey is well-regarded for its quality of education, and its universities are known for their cutting-edge research and academic programs. With a rich history of academic excellence and a commitment to innovation, Turkey is a great choice for students who are looking for a top-notch education. Additionally, the universities in Turkey offer a wide range of programs, from engineering and computer science to business and economics, ensuring that students have access to the programs they need to succeed in their careers.
- Academic result: SSC/equivalent for Honors, 70% marks in HSC/equivalent (90% for Medical), and 75% marks in Honors and Masters for Masters-PhD
- Extracurricular activities: involvement in national/international organizations in various fields (social, cultural, economic, academic) and participation in symposiums, seminars, and workshops.
What to Need for Admission Process
- Valid identity document, ID card, or passport
- Recent photograph of the candidate
- National exam results (if applicable)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (DELF, SAT) if required by the university
- Research proposal and written research example (only for PhD applications)
- Maximum age limit: 21 years for honors, 30 years for Master’s, 35 years for PhD
- Ineligible for students already studying at a university in Turkey
- English proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT) may be required for English-taught programs
Documents Checklist for Visa Application for Turkey
- Valid passport
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Financial support documentation (scholarship award letter, bank statements, etc.)
- Health insurance
- Proof of accommodation in Turkey
- Proof of sufficient funds for living expenses
- Proof of language proficiency (if required)
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Turkey varies depending on the city and your lifestyle. On average, students can expect to spend around $500-$800 per month, including housing, food, and other expenses. Scholarships can help offset some of these costs, and many universities also offer on-campus housing options for students.
Top 5 Job Opportunities After Graduation
- Engineering: Turkey has a thriving engineering industry, particularly in the fields of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering.
- IT and Computer Science: The IT and computer science industries are rapidly growing in Turkey, with a high demand for professionals in software development, data analysis, and cybersecurity.
- Healthcare: Turkey has a robust healthcare system, and there is a growing demand for healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and pharmacists.
- Teaching: Teaching is a popular profession in Turkey, with a high demand for English-language teachers and subject-specific teachers in fields such as science, math, and history.
- Business and Finance: Turkey has a thriving business and finance sector, and there is a growing demand for professionals in areas such as management, marketing, and finance.
These fields offer a variety of job opportunities, competitive salaries, and opportunities for career advancement. With Turkey’s growing economy and its status as a hub for innovation and entrepreneurship, these industries offer great potential for professionals seeking to build successful careers.
Benefits of Studying in Turkey
Expenses covered by the University:
- Tuition fees, accommodation, and food
- Accommodation and food provided in government dormitories at no cost
- Health insurance and medical care are provided for free
- Free Turkish language course for one year
- Honors: $250
- Masters: $360
- PhD: $500
- Higher research: $1000
- Free air tickets for flights
- Opportunity to work part-time (newly introduced)
Turkey scholarship for Bangladeshi students is a great opportunity who are looking to continue their higher education abroad. With its quality education, vibrant culture, and top-notch universities, Turkey offers students a unique and enriching experience. If you are interested in studying in Turkey, be sure to research the scholarship opportunities available to you and take advantage of the resources and tips available to help you succeed. With the right preparation and support, you can achieve your academic goals and start building your career in Turkey.
Read More: Egypt Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students
Turkey Scholarship for Bangladeshi Students (FAQs)
How can I get scholarship to study in Turkey?
You can apply for scholarships offered by Turkish universities or the Turkish government. You can also check with international organizations and foundations for scholarships specific to your field of study or country of origin.
Can I get full scholarship in Turkey?
Yes, full scholarships are available in Turkey for international students. However, the availability and eligibility criteria vary depending on the scholarship.
Can a Bangladeshi study in Turkey?
Yes, Bangladeshis are eligible to apply for scholarships to study in Turkey. There are many scholarships available for international students, including for Bangladeshi students. It’s important to check the eligibility criteria for each scholarship and submit an application along with the required documents.
Is IELTS compulsory for Turkey?
The English proficiency test requirement varies depending on the university and the program of study. Some universities require an IELTS score, while others accept TOEFL or other English proficiency tests.
What is the age limit for Turkey scholarship?
The age limit for Turkey scholarship varies depending on the scholarship program. Some scholarships have an upper age limit of 25 or 30 years, while others do not have an age limit.
How much percentage is required for Turkish scholarship?
The minimum percentage requirement for Turkish scholarships varies depending on the scholarship and the university. Some scholarships require a minimum GPA of 2.5 or 3.0, while others have higher requirements. It is important to check the specific requirements for each scholarship before applying.